1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Precision Plus from the 90s

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BillMason, May 30, 2007.

1. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    How do these compare in terms of tone, reliability, feel, resale value from a similar era standard P?

2. steviecsg

steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    P7120057.jpg

P7120056.jpg

Neck is somewhat a cross between a P and a J. The lace sensors are much different from your standard P pickup. I don't even think the P pup is in the same location as the standard American P. But that said, it does have a nice range of tones. It probably falls into the category of one of those novelty fender speciality basses which was manufactured for a couple of years and then discontinued, such as the Precision special, Precision Elite and Jazz Bass Plus. I wouldn't go as far to say that it is super collectable but it is definitely something different to have.

3. Beta

Beta

May 9, 2007
    Most of the ones I've seen haven't been in the best condition. They're usually missing the fine tuners, the series/parallel switch has been disabled or just doesn't work; one even had huge chunks of the finish taken out (and not in a failed attempt to relic kind of way).

They still sold well ($700-$900ish range). The blueburst ones seem most popular. A maple fretboard one will probably fetch you a little more.

4. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    I'm looking at buying this one for about $200, and wondering if it's an "investment" Fender or just a nice bass at a steal price:

5. steviecsg

steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    That's a steal Bill, theres a 5 string version on bassnw for 599. I would pick it up in a heartbeat if I were you.

6. If you buy it and don't like it, let me know :)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021