Precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shakin-Slim, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    I've had GAS for a P for quite some time now. After I have a P, throw some flats on it, I know my GAS will be cured... Infinitely I hope. So, there is one listed in an online auction here in NZ, currently at $270. That's around $196USD. It's a Mexican '95. Good deal? I know that may even seem like a little higher than you might think, instruments are ALWAYS more expensive here than they are over in the States. Also, this is NZ, these sorts of listings are rather rare, having a population of 4 million. Obviously the price is only going to go up, but it closes tomorrow, so hopefully not too much.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-inst...uitar-bass/Bass-guitars/auction-315358663.htm

2. JoshuaTSP

JoshuaTSP

Sep 26, 2008
    not to be a dark cloud.....but I thought the P route was "me". Nope.

Thought I was a "J" guy too.....Nope. I'm a 'Ray. period.

Good luck on yer adventures....but don't assume anything. :)

3. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    Yeah I fully understand what you mean :) I've got a nice Warwick 'Vette and a Fender Jazz, so I think I will be relatively set. Any opinions on whether or not this should be leapt on or steered clear of?

4. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Bid it. Win it. Play it.

5. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I am ebay savey and what I do is stick to my high bid and don't budge and go higher. There is always another bass for sale. I know that where you live ( the other side of the world ) prices are higher but you have to stick to your guns...If you know what I mean. Best of luck ...:cool:

6. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    It got up to $570, about $417USD. A bit beyond my means. Still cheap considering a classic vibe squier here is $800NZD. Oh well, no great loss as long as I still have things that make noise :)

7. sorry about your luck, I think P basses are the balls.

8. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    Me too. I grew up on generous helpings of Motown and The Beatles from mum and jazz and blues from dad. Been heavily into three of those for years but only recently really dug into Motown again and the P just tugs at my coat tails :)

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021