1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

predicament

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sic and twiztd, Sep 9, 2000.

1. sic and twiztd

sic and twiztd

Jul 28, 2000
    I just bought a XT25 spirit (by steinberger) 5 string bass for $250, and i went to a music store today, and saw a 5 string Fender MB-5 or something like that, for $295 i fell in love with it. i played it and it sounds wicked nice. way better than my steinberger. Should i sell my steinberger and buy the fender, or keep my steinberger?

2. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    "i fell in love with it. i played it and it sounds wicked nice. way better than my steinberger."

Seems like you have answered your own question....:)

3. sic and twiztd

sic and twiztd

Jul 28, 2000
    good point, anyone want a steinberger? oh yeah. same place, same time. theres a mexican Fender jazz bass there for $300. Its on consignment. should i wait till the guy replies withh if he wants to trade

4. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    If it's a 4, no. Those are $299 new. If it's a 5, maybe, but don't pay that much if you deal with him direct. As for the steinberger, see if they have a return policy at the store and use it as credit toward the new bass.