Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

predicament

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sic and twiztd, Sep 9, 2000.

1. sic and twiztd

sic and twiztd

Jul 28, 2000
    I just bought a XT25 spirit (by steinberger) 5 string bass for $250, and i went to a music store today, and saw a 5 string Fender MB-5 or something like that, for $295 i fell in love with it. i played it and it sounds wicked nice. way better than my steinberger. Should i sell my steinberger and buy the fender, or keep my steinberger?

2. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    "i fell in love with it. i played it and it sounds wicked nice. way better than my steinberger."

Seems like you have answered your own question....:)

3. sic and twiztd

sic and twiztd

Jul 28, 2000
    good point, anyone want a steinberger? oh yeah. same place, same time. theres a mexican Fender jazz bass there for $300. Its on consignment. should i wait till the guy replies withh if he wants to trade

4. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    If it's a 4, no. Those are $299 new. If it's a 5, maybe, but don't pay that much if you deal with him direct. As for the steinberger, see if they have a return policy at the store and use it as credit toward the new bass.