Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Predictions for the season finale of The Sopranos.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, May 24, 2004.

1. I've been wanting to start a Soprano thread since the season started, but just never got around to it.

So...THEY WHACKED ADRIANNA IN THE FOREST !!! :bawl:

I can't believe it! How could you kill a woman with a set of legs like hers? :p

Anyway, what are your predictions about what's going to happen in two weeks on the season finale?

I honestly don't know, that's why I'm asking you guys.

One of the only things I don't like about this show, is how they open up new threads of interest, only to NOT resolve them at all.

Examples:

1) Two seasons ago, remember when Pauly Walnuts and Christopher were trying to kill the Russian guy, then he climbs a tree, and you never hear anything else about him.
    2) Meadow's boyfriend saw fat Vito with the security guard when he came to work early; they had a bit of a run-in, then the boyfriend leaves Vito waiting at Yankee Stadium - I bet that will never be brought up again.

So,

Will Christopher go back to doing heroin?
    Will Johnny Saks go after any of Tony's family?
    Will Phil get to whack Tony B?
    Will the FBI get more involved as they look into Adrianna's disappearance?

I'm not into many TV shows, but this one's got me hooked! :hyper:

Let's hear some ideas as to how the season will end.

Thanks, Mike ;)

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    They'll all live happily ever after. *confirmed*

3. WHY YOU, YOU !!! :p

Mike :D

4. Never seen the show, but I won a sopranos hat while in vegas. It says "Barone Sanitation" on the front and the sopranos logo on the back. I'm assuming barone sanitation is some sort of business in the show.

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I check out an episode now and then, and the last one I saw, where Tony freaks out or has a nightmare or something, was crazy

I remember the one with the Russian, but I don't know who Addrianna is.

6. Wife and I are completely hooked on that show. :ninja:

Damn, I'm glad that Tony S. and Carmella patched things up, hope Tony stays faithful.

I predict:

1) Johnny Sak will hassle Tony S.'s family. I think he's pissed that Tony S. lied about what cousin Tony is involved with.
    2) There will be some sort of FBI involvement since Adrianna :)eyebrow: ) disappeared.

3) Christopher will flip out completely, he is a ticking time bomb, sick of the world, suffering from addiction, just lost his lover. :meh:

BTW- wife and I are hopelessly addicted to "Six Feet Under" as well. :oops:

7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

For those who hated to see Adrianna lose her life for misdeeds against the family, the actress who plays the part will be co-starring on NBC next year in a spin-off comedy from Friends. I think the show will be called Joey. It has been said she has a genuine flair for comedy.

As for what will happen in the season finale, I have a strong suspicion that Steve Bushemi's character will lose his life for going behind Tony's back and "offing" victims without Soprano's authorization.

Too, I'm unclear on the eventual fate of Chris. Remember the FBI is hot on his trail and Tony Soprano knows it. If Chris doesn't pass on to his final reward this season, he most certainly will next season and in a violent manner, I am sure. I am also sure his battle with heroin will return full force.

I'm not sure what Carmela has up her sleeve by wanting to buy land and build a new home. Also, it is hard for me to concieve of Tony Soprano as a loyal, faithful husband. afterall, he told Carmela last night, "I am what I am."

If she accepts him back in her life, Carmela should do so with eyes wide open. This guy will never be trust worthy and can she live with continual doubt and uncertainty? I can also invision a grand final scenario in which she catches him "in the act" and kills him. As he dies, his life will flash before his eyes and some interesting memories will fly by for the viewers to "enjoy."

8. widefat

widefat

May 2, 2004
    Tralfamadore
    I really dig this show. I am working through season 3 on DVD at the moment. Yeah, really behind.
    We dont have cable or satellite, so I have to wait until the seasons are available at the Library - bummer. On the bright side, I can throw in some popcorn, settle down in the Lazy boy, and watch 6 hours at shot.

Speaking of the Russian, I just watched that episode.

9. `ash

`ash

Feb 26, 2004
    Melbourne
    I must be naive. I didnt expect a spoiler in the very 1st post. :bawl:
    That season is only 3 eps in here (aus). Ah well...

I had a hunch she might get it, i even thought maybe Tony would make Chris do it.
    Anyway, I loved the Russian ep, there was a lot of comical exchanges between Paul & Chris and Tony & Paul.

I love the Sopranos on so many levels. I think a lot of people miss half the subtle things in it

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I JUST got done watching the episode where they kill Adrianna in the forest. That shocked me. I thought she was a major character. I have only seen about three episodes of The Sopranos, so I got some catching up to do.

Strange though that the few I have seen are mentioned in this thread. I must have watched the right ones! :D

So nothing came of that dude from California working on the construction site seeing his boss giving that security gaurd a "favor"? I wondered what happened with that.

So, I think that the fat Tony is going to kill the skinny one. Then the fat one is going to help his wife build a house on that property. As they are digging the foundation, they are going to find Adriannas body. FBI comes along, puts all the pieces together and it's curtains for the mobsters. Series over.

-Mike

11. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I predict that I will not see this one, just like every other episode.

12. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i'm calling for a resivoir dogs type ending

13. I think Boplicity's predictions are pretty much right on the money.

I also think Christopher will slide back into the clutches of the big "H," and either overdose, or be killed by Tony himself.

I think it's clear to all that Steve Buscemi's character has to go.

You know Bopli, I also think that Carmela took Tony back much too easily; yeah, she just might have something up her sleeve. Tony is a dog and will never be faithful.

Hey, we forgot about Tony's Cuban girlfriend, the one that was set on fire cooking eggs, who Tony just dumped. She could be real trouble for Tony.

Thanks for all the ideas, people; keep 'em coming. :)

Mike :hyper:

14. chrisb1024

chrisb1024 Guest

Mar 18, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    where adriana was killed and where carmela's new house is to be built are not the same location tony isn't that stupid plus he had never even seen that land yet

15. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Adrianna went on a very long ride before she got whacked. It isn't the same property because the area Adrianna got whacked was secluded (no silencer was used, dirt road) but the land that Carmela wants had a couple McMansions showing in the background throught the trees, and is only 1 acre in size (640 acres in a square mile).

I think Carmela's going to get whacked to make Tony S. suffer. If not Carmela then his obnoxious son will get it.

I also concur that Christopher is heading towards his demise. Especially now that Adrianna has "disappeared". The female FBI agent kept saying "She could've fled" but obviously neither she nor her agent partners believed what she was saying. They'll come after Christopher.

Also, the non tax-stamped smokes (ala Beverly Hills Cop? ;) ) might come back on Chris as well.

I just started watching this season myself, so I have some catching up to do as well.

Oh yeah, Tony B (Buscemi) isn't long for this world either.

16. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    addendum:

If you have Comcast Digital Cable and an HBO subscription you can watch this whole season through On-Demand for absolutely free.

17. i guess i should chime in since my screen name is one of the old characters! :smug:

i'm wondering if tony's recent anger at johnny sack will make him want to protect his cousin tony, though i doubt it will end well for mr. buscemi. i think the thing i love about this show the most is, you feel for these people, then they do something completely inhumane and horrible and you just think oh yeah, these people are evil. it's pretty bad when you're hating the FBI. i mean... they're the good guys!!! haha

i'm starting a petition to bring back furio!!! ;)

~furio

18. I forgot about my own thread! :oops:

Well, anyway, what did you guys & gals think of the last episode?

My spin:

1) Not surprised at all that Tony B. got blasted, though it did surprise me to see Tony S. pull the trigger. The shotgun was a nice touch. :p
    2) Silvio telling Tony S. that there are many unhappy campers in the Jersey family sets up A LOT of possibilities for next season.
    3) The very end when The FBI raided Johnny Sack's house threw me for a loop. Tony S. was not named in the indictment, but now that the Feds have Johnny Sack...

How did you like it?

Any predictions for next season?

Mike

19. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I thought the episode was great.... until the end. The FBI seemed a little too convenient an end. Almost like the writers couldn't think of anything else to end it with. Makes me excited for the last season though. Now with the NY crew out of the way I'm curious to see where it goes.