1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Preference skb vs gator rolling rack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vyse933, Sep 17, 2008.

1. vyse933

vyse933

Mar 31, 2006
    Grand Haven, MI
    So what's your preference, the SKB rolling rack or the Gator? I have an 8U gator and don't mind it but I need a 6U. The problem I see with the gator is that the lid needs to latch on to the hooks at the bottom which gets annoying, and the handle is very cheap. The problems for me with the skb seam simply to be the cheap handle. The SKB costs less which is nice, but for the gator you can get gator "cages" to hold extra cords and such which I like.

What's your opinion, what's your preference?

2. 100% SKB, better build, better durabilty and best of all no rack rattle. My Gator handle broke within a month, the silver bit slipped out and nearly cost me all my gear. Currently using a SKB roto rack no problems at all.

3. I haven't used the Gator but my SKB Rollx 6u has worked great for 5 years now and going. No sign of cheap handles here, but there is a cheap back cover. The most important factor for me is that the latches are on the covers so they don't rattle while you're playing.

4. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I have both equivalent SKB and Gator racks. As much as I want to choose Gator for the price...IMHO, the SKB is a much better unit.

Kim