Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Preliminary Tuba36 Response Graphs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by blades976, Feb 16, 2005.

1. blades976

blades976

Oct 10, 2004
    These are preliminary measurements of the Tuba36 cabinet. The SPL readings are NOT VERIFIED! I need to calibrate the setup with a separate SPL meter before I can verify the true SPL of the cabinets. The frequency response is the star of these plots.

The measurements were taken with Speaker Workshop (not the best but it is free) a Behringer ECM8000 measurement mic and a simple Behringer 8 channel mixer used for a pre amp. Voltage was measured and monitored with a Fluke 23III Multimeter throughout the testing.

All sweeps are 20 seconds long and go from 16 to 200 Hz. The computer records 20 seconds of data before posting the results on the graph. All measurements were taken at six feet on axis. Voltage was kept as close to 3.45V (1 watt into 12 ohms, the average impedance of the box) as possible.

The first graph is a LINEAR (constant rate) sweep taken outdoors
    [​IMG]

The second graph is a LOGARITHMIC (Sweep at an increasing rate through the range) style sweep taken outdoors.
    [​IMG]

The third graph is a LINEAR (constant rate) sweep taken indoors. There is a bit of room interaction going on in there.
    [​IMG]

I will post some more graphs of the cabinets clustered together to show the difference in gain as soon as I get my setup calibrated with an SPL mic.

I tried using the demo of Smaart but it kept crashing my computer. The TrueRTA demo is very nice but useless for good measurements. I will buy the $100 version as soon as finances permit.