1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Premium" Classifieds

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Bob Clayton, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    I'm not talking about a separate sub-forum. Kind of something how eBay does their featured listing.

Maybe something like $10/week gets you perks like:
    • pinned post (stays at top no matter how many other threads get posted or bumped)
    • subtitle line (could be used for additional description)
    • "premium ad" icon/ribbon shows up next to threat title in forum view
    • shows up pinned in other classified sub forum
    • more than one thumbnail picture on forum page
    • bold title
    The money people could pay would go right to TB. The money/time limit/perks were just examples. Nothing would change for people that don't want to, just option for people that might want to.

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    The first thing I think could be a bit of a problem is that the amount of people who would spring for this would likely make at least the first page of FS/FT be "pinned" ads. Neat idea though.

3. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    There's already eBay, Reverb, and Craigslist ... just sayin' ...

4. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    I actually think that this is a good idea except I think it would be good to limit it to two per page one at the top and one at the bottom, sort of like the ads we have now, and then just rotate them, maybe do it by number of views (number of times it shows up on someone else's browser) eg. 10$ gets you 100 views or something. You could also do a sidebar ad in landscape mode with multiple premium ads. Just some thoughts

5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    We all pay to sell here (not me currently but I usually have a supporting membership). Paying more for extra perks that can lead to monetary gain doesn't seem right.