1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Premium Glocks

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FL Knifemaker, Feb 16, 2008.

1. For the true Glock afficianados.......

Its the new "Premium" Glock.
    Polished and deep blued slide, jeweled chamber, nice gold logo, available in two calibers!!!! (not sure which ones)

GlockPrem.

GlockPrem2.

2. onemorebass

onemorebass Supporting Member

Nice, but I wonder why Glock didn't "shoot" it with Tritium sights? I prefer the stock tennifer finish on the slide though.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Pretty.

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Nice looking piece of weaponry.

I appreciate guns for the engineering and workmanship that goes into them, and if the laws etc here were like the US, I'd probably own one, but I'm also glad I can't.

Out of curiousity, what does a piece like that cost?

5. One of the dealers on our knife and gun forum is putting together a group buy. $579, it comes in 9mm or .40 SW. That's not a bad price at all!!

6. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    wow. i'm such a tool.

i was think to myself... "glockenspiel?"
    (my eyesight isn't exactly great, and that picture is a little bit misleading)

and I was wondering if you could get glockenspiels made from carbon fiber. it was when I was trying to figure out how "caliber" was related to musical pitch in a glockenspiel that it sort of hit me.

:D

7. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    That really isn't a bad price at all. I'm not a Glock guy, but if I had the money to throw around, I'd find a nice home for one.

8. That's pretty much how I feel. I have two Glocks now and haven't shot either one of them in about 3 years :meh: Not having much Glock gassss right now :(

9. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    It's definitely a cool piece, and while I'm not a glock guy, I've owned two and appreciate them for what they are. I do share onemorebass's sentiments about the tritium sights. One of the great breakthroughs of Kimber was to take upgrades and package them together to provide savings to the consumer. A handgun without tritium sights requires a trip to the shop before it's a practical weapon in my view. If Glock was going to do a "deluxe package" you would think that one be one of the first things they'd add. But at 579$ it's a decent buy.

10. Glocks are battle tested, my friend is a cop and his was still shooting after spending a few days in waist-deep water. The only thing that went bad was the springs in the magazine, and even then it took a few weeks to rust to the point of being useless, and Glock sent them some new ones for free.

11. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    1911 > Glock

discuss

12. I don't agree about the tritium sights at all. I see LOTS of custom 1911's on our forum and very rarely does anyone order theirs with tritium. IMHO, taking time to align glowing dots in a low light situation is crazy. I can quickly put all 17 rounds on the target at 25 yards with no sights. I'm sure anyone that shoots often could also. Just my 2 cents, your mileage may vary :oops:

13. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

14. 1911, you have to be really comfortable with em.

15. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    Glock: Killing stuff with style. :p

I'm actually thinking of buying a gun when I turn 18 (gun laws in Maine are sweet), and Glock was one of the ones I was looking at.

16. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    My experience has been the opposite. Most defensive handguns I've seen in my different classing and training events have had some sort of night site. With the proper training and practice, getting a "flash sight" picture is very easy with night sites, especially when contrasting colors are used.

OTOH, most competitive shooters tend to prefer plain iron sights. Why? Because they almost never shoot their matches in low light, so they perceive that they don't have a need.

Besides, we can't expect you old guys shooting your ancient guns to use any modern technology like night sights, can we?
    ;):bag:

17. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    If we could time-warp back about 50 years, I'd agree with you.
    ;)

18. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    On the original topic: That Glock looks interesting, but I just can't imagine paying a premium for those types of upgrades.

19. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification

You'll need to wait an extra 3 years...

20. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    thank god, an 18 yo with a gun just seems wrong