1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Premium Ibanez Talman 2000 GAS attack caused by price quote from Tom Lee in HK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pudgychef, Jan 18, 2017.

1. pudgychef

pudgychef In Memoriam

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    I have a trip to Hong Kong coming soon for an IB Training. (I live and work in mainland China - Chongqing)

One of the reasons to look forward to trips to HK is the access to real music stores...Tom Lee for instance.

I had emailed the store closest to where I will be staying to see if they carry Blackstar Amps. While I was at it I thought I would check to see if the stock the Prestige Talman bass as I like the looks of them, like MIJ Ibanez and was curious.

They replied with a price that is the equivalent of $921 USD - that is a big discount from any other price I have seen (typically $1400)

Severe GAS attack since that email....must remind myself I do not need another bass...I have 2 undocumented NBDs already that I have been lax to report here...must not add another...must not add another... :)

Anyone played a 2000 yet?

el_Bajo_Verde likes this.
  2. bujubonton

bujubonton

Feb 24, 2014
    Los Angeles
    IMG_0574.JPG IMG_0561.JPG IMG_0574.JPG Yes I own one. I love it. Craftsmanship is great. So so so many tones. Loud as hell in the mix. Passive active switch is nicely done(all my basses are passive). Only used for 1 practice so far but I'll try to post some sound in the fan club thread. Here it is....

Bugeyed Earl likes this.
  3. bujubonton

bujubonton

Feb 24, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Also your price was waaay better then what I shelled out. It's a solid bass for that price

4. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    Can't blame ya there. I would do that in an instant. I have a Talman 600 that is a really good bass. In comparison to the 600 the Prestige will have: lighter body wood, better pickups, better preamp, better hardware, and way better neck.