Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

*prepares to be flamed*

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 3 crotch grabs, Jun 23, 2004.

1. i HATE the movie office space. i don't know why you all honk this waste of time so much. it's just NOT FUNNY.

2. [​IMG]

"Uhhh...I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday."

3. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Blasphemy!

Have you worked in an office setting like that portrayed in the movie? I think you really have to have been subjected to some of the things that corporations pull to fully appreciate all the humor in that movie.

4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
  5. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yea, you've obviously never worked an office job... It's 100% satire at its finest. Have you ever read Dilbert? The basic punchlines are ok, but the thing is,,, Dilbert = My Job!
    It hits the nail on the head perfectly... It's so dead on accurate, its scary!

6. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    I never thought it was that funny either. Maybe it is something you have to experience to appreciate.

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It's a very quotable movie, and it's also the type of movie that it's really hard to enjoy if you are just watching it on your own. I rarely laugh when I watch it on my own, but when watching with a group of 4-6 people, it's hilarious.

8. i have worked in rediculous office jobs.... for YEARS as a matter of fact. but that doesn't make a bad movie watchable.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You probably hate Spinal Tap, too.

I still watch Office Space about twice a month or so.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Johnny Dangerously is like that. It's not terribly funny by itself, but quoting it is a riot.

"Did you know your last name is an adverb?"

"It shoots through schools."

And the grapevine bit (I can't remember the phrasing, just the punchline) "He didn't say that!" "No, but I know this grapevine."

11. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    /shrug. My current work situation is EXACTLY like initech, cube layout and everything. I find a lot of the jokes painfully truthful and funny.

"Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately."
    "I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob!"

12. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

So what ???

I hate almost all of Led Zep's work, I wish the Grateful Dead never existed, and I don't like Jaco's recordings either.

It's a wide world and what a dull world it would be if we all agreed to appreciate the same things.

I love the movie, but then, I was in a corporate environment where I experienced the same situations as that movie. Maybe you haven't and I understand that.

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA

14. you're right. but i just had to vent.

15. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

If it feels good, do it.

I realize I'm probably in a minority because I think Adam Sandler is as funny as an infant's funeral.

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I'd suggest a good treppaning for you Mr Grabs.

"we'll just...fix the glitch".

17. excuse me, 3 crotch grabs, i think we're gonna have to have a talk about your TPS reports..

you must love Michael Bolton!

Hey i'm one of the 20 people that liked The Cable Guy too so.....

18. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I don't think we can be friends anymore, Phil.

I too hate Adam Sandler, and I thought Cable Guy was hilarious.

19. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    How can you hate Adam Sandler? He's only been in 2 movies, Punch Drunk Love, and that other one.

20. HIJACK!!! CAAAABLE GUY!!!!!

"There were no utensils in medieval times therefore there ARE no utensils at medieval times"

call me chip douglas...