Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Prescott bass pictures

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by basswraith, Jan 9, 2005.

1. basswraith

basswraith

Mar 10, 2003
    Boston
  2. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Very cool. Do all Prescott basses have F holes that look like that? I find it strange that they have ovbiously had work done on the bass (shim on the fingerboard), but never converted it to a four string.

3. teachbass

teachbass

Dec 13, 2004
    Thanks for sharing the link. That Prescott has a beautiful varnish and I bet it sounds fantastic as a three string. There is some lucking bass player at that church. Just wonder how it fits in to the praise and worship setting that is so popular today.... :rolleyes:

4. No they don't......some really fun reading on Abe. Do a search, and our links here on TBDB. Three models: This Busetto, gamba and violin that looks exactly like a violin including shoulders.

5. Confucius

Confucius

Dec 27, 2004
    New York
    You think its being played or is it just a museum piece there? The action looks very high if you check out a close up.

6. basswraith

basswraith

Mar 10, 2003
    Boston
    Its not really being played. It needs to be fixed bofore u can tune up the strings. I played it a few years ago. It sounds as good as it looks...could be better.

7. basswraith

basswraith

Mar 10, 2003
    Boston
    So I say we get a few TBers and make a heist. We can share the bass, everyone gets a few months at a time with it, kind of like a timeshare. Who's in?[/QUOTE]

Steal the bass from the church? Sounds like you'd go straight to hell before you got the bow on the string. :spit:

8. Was (is?) there a standard tuning for a 3 string?

9. They settled on A D G, after trying many variants. Same as now, just no E.

10. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    We have a guy in Philly that has 3 0r 4 Prescott Church basses...

11. Ben Joella

Ben Joella

May 31, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    HeHeHe....The Lord prefers Prescotts. :bassist:

12. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002

Actual Church Basses.. For Sale... ONe currently has duct tape holding the scroll on...

13. I wonder if a Church bass would be a good candidate for conversion to a piccolo bass of some kind of chamber bass with with higher tuning. It seems like they would be better than a Jazz cello. I see them from time to time on ebay. If memory serves me, they are usually fairly cheap.

14. basswraith

basswraith

Mar 10, 2003
    Boston
    these basses where made for churches that had no organs. They would tune the 3 stringers to match the hymn they where singing. They most likely just played the open strings which might have been tunined to I/IV/V....AAAAAHHHMEN.