Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

preserving food

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jiro, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Jiro

Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    the other day i tried something different i froze some left over pizza.couple days later i took the frozen pizza shoved it in the micro wave for 1 min and it still had some frost in it so i baked it at 360 degrees for like 10 mins and voila! It tasted kind of fresh. But ya how long will stuff like that take until its bad... and if i froze it in liquid nitrogen would it be fresher when i nuke and bake it?

2. You can get that thing that sucks all of the air out of the bag. :)

3. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    The problem with liquid nitrogen is storage - well-insulated dewar flasks are expensive! Plus there is still the boil-off factor, as well as the problems accosiated with dropping anything valuable in there. And it isn't cheap.

If you wrap stuff up in plastic and put it in the freezer it should be fine for a couple of weeks at least. Cooked meat can last a month or two, after that it gets a bit gross. Don't try freezing fruit or vegetables, it is bad news.