1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Presidential Dollars

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jimmy Bones, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Since the mint is done with state quarters, they went and moved on to presidential dollars, minting a few a year till they get all the presidents done, though they don't honor still living presidents with a coin.

However, I find something wrong with their plan, they're completely omitting a former president from the rotation - Jefferson Davis.

Now it is true that he wasn't a Union president, but he DID lead a large portion of the American people, was chosen democratically, and was pardoned for his treasons in the 70s. As an important historical figure in our history, i think he ought to be commemorated.

Thoughts?

2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Being that he was President of a different country - the Confederate States of America - no, I don't think he should be included in the currency of the United States of America. (IMO, YMMV)

3. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Looking at this objectively it seems that if you were doing a series of coins that featured the Presidents of the USA then you wouldn't put on someone that wasn't president of the USA.

4. DRafalske

DRafalske

Nov 6, 2008
    Hebron, KY
    x3. He was never President of the United States of America.

5. People cringe over a Confederate flag. I doubt having him on currency would go over very well.

6. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    By your logic,...then the mint should include all the leaders of Central and South American countries. They all lead significant portions of American people.

7. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    Can we put militia leaders on coins too? No way in hell should Jefferson Davis be on anything save CSA money which became obsolete 145 years ago.

8. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

9. GtenderG

GtenderG

Feb 29, 2008

Good lord are you serious? Jefferson Davis was traitor and led a revolt against the US government.

10. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    That sums it up.

You two? Seriously?

11. Uh..................YEAH! :eyebrow:

12. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Man, this thread went down hill fast.

13. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    The two of you are always sticking political comments into OT threads, so I'm chuckling at your indignation.

14. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006

:spit: :D

15. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Just like the economy.

Which, if you think about it, is perfect when talking about presidential coins.

16. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    What part of "No Politics" is so hard to understand?

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.