Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Presidents Day sale on my Warwick

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Joe Nerve, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    UPDATE ON THIS POST: I just went to Ebay cuz a few people suggested I might be charging too much for this bass. Check for yourself - you will have to wait quite a while to beat this price. Remember also it's active, in excellent condition, and comes with the Warwick case - not a gigbag.

'97 Warwick Corvette, 4 string, active, bubinga body, wenge neck, excellent condition with hardshell Warwick case. $700 + shipping and I ain't goin any lower than that.

2. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    4 or 5 string??? Pics???

3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    it's a 4 string, i suck at taking pictures of my basses. it looks just like all the other bubinga corvettes. i'll give it a go with my camera as soon as i get a chance.

Just realized Ihave a pic here...
    http://www.thenerve.info/my_gear.htm

i can't seem to get pictures without the glare though which makes the basses look nothing like they look in real life.

4. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    OK. Gonna try my luck with the pics here now. Took 2, if I can post em all will be dandy.

5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Well just so ya know...it's nice but I was hoping it was gonna be a 5 string...good luck though

6. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    +1 He was just showing his opinion, IMHO it would have been better if he PM'd that.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm not a Warwick fan by any strech of the imagination but I've played this bass and it was one of the 2 best Warwicks I've ever played.

8. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I've had 2 Warwick Corvettes (a passive 95 and a 96 with active EMGs) and I think they're awesome. They play so nice and smooth, and with active electronics, they're unbelievable. They're heavy, but are balanced extremely well, making the weight less of a problem. I sold my 96 for $725 and sold the 95 for $625, then the buyer sold it again recently on eBay for over $750. For an active mid-90s Vette with the wenge neck and brass nut, and one with this much figure in the grain, $700 is certainly a good price. I would buy this in a second if I could afford it.

9. jammoore

jammoore

Mar 28, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    sold? 4 or 5 string? active or passive?

jamie

10. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    If you have a brand new Bongo dual humbucker 5 string I'd trade. :)

11. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Wow! Didn't realize how quickly these threads get buried. This is my el bumpo numero uno!!!

If yooz guys ever played this thing you'd be jumpin all over it. You've got my word on that. :)

12. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Just to clarify (since the headstock is not visible in the pics) this is a:

completely passive
    wenge neck and fingerboard
    brass nut

Corvette...is that right?

13. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    O trust me, im still tempted! Even though I could wait and get a used one localy, I'd rather buy a used bass from a fellow TB'er...

But If that was a Corvette, FNA Jazzman... Then it would be mine already.

14. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Ummm, he said in the very first post it was active. :)

Also, I'm not much of a Warwick fan, just a preference thing, but FWIW I don't think 700 is "too expensive" either.

15. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Yes it's active, yes the neck is entirely wenge - and I must note once more that since this thing is coming with the case (which I used about 2 times) the bass itself is actually selling for more like $600. The case was at least $150 new, I believe there was even tax on it. I really think this is an excellent bargain at $700 and if anyone is waiting for the price to go down I do so solemny swear right here and now that I will not drop the price anymore. :) ONLY reason I'm selling it is because I've now got an endorsement deal with Ernie Ball, and I MUST get a Bongo 5. The 'must' is of course not coming from Ernie Ball, it's coming from the GAS that keeps me up at night and the fact that I really need a 5 string to play with the band that I believe is 50% responsible for earning me that endorsement. I don't use the Warwick anymore and have been holding on to it for purely sentimental reasons and the fact that it really gave me a killer sound on our second CD.

NOTE: I don't believe I mentioned that I recently asked Warwick for a B string size just a nut peice and I presently have the bass strung BEAD. It sounds great with a low B, when I find a buyer I can switch it back or throw on a new set of EADG and include the extra nut piece. Whatever you prefer - if I ship it BEAD I'll incluse a new set of strings anyhow. All ya gotta do if you string it that way is switch nut pieces - theyunscrew with your fingers. It's not brain surgery.

16. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    LOL!!! Dude, that's just way too funny... at least you're honest about it. Some of us are still in denial. I, of course, can quit anytime... I just don't wanna' go thru the hassle of cancelling the order... that's all... really... ... ... ;)

17. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.

+1

Funny stuff!

18. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    If it doesn't sell then it is priced too high. ;)

19. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    I really wish you people would keep your negative comments to yourselves or PM me if you'd really like to say something.

but il'l take the free bump.