Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Presonus ACP-22 rack-mount compressor

Discussion in 'For Sale: Strings and Accessories' started by bigbajo60, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    This is a very good, but discontinued unit.

I bought it used off of eBay a little more than a year ago, and had been running both outputs of an Avalon U5 into it. Channel One was fed by the Avalon's Line Output and set to drive my stage rig. The U5's Mic output fed Channel Two and that was set for the FOH feed. Very transparent, but very effective.

When I first got the unit, it had a bit of a "bzzzt" in the circuitry that the seller neglected to mention.:meh: After a trip to Presonus factory, it got it's "factory-authorized, new lease on life", so you know it's good to go! Cosmetics are ok, with the usual rack-rash and just a bit of the silk-screened "Presonus" logo flaked off.

Here's a link for some of the particulars from Presonus:

http://www.presonus.com/pdf/acp22.pdf

$175 shipped!

2. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    We've got a nibble... and negotiations are ongoing!:smug:

3. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I'm all over this compressor

4. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    It appears...

...yes, I believe that we can confirm...

...that the item in question has been...

...SOLD!

5. thejester

thejester

Oct 10, 2010
    I just picked one up for £56 on ebay, plus £10 P&P - just over $100 in all. The collapse of the global economy has its perks! Haven't tested it yet - what did they charge you for fixing the buzz? P&P to & from UK would probably be a killer, so I hope it works!!!

6. thejester

thejester

Oct 10, 2010
  7. thejester

thejester

Oct 10, 2010
    One more thing before I do something more useful... 'I'm all over this compressor' - do you mean you're using it a lot or you used to but you got over it? x

8. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    Wow... a zombie thread!!!

IIRC, Presonus charged me a simple $100 "bench fee" plus shipping. My understanding is that if they'd've found some sort of user fault to be the cause of the problem, I would've been charged for the repair. But in cases of faulty components or workmanship in the original unit, the bench fee is all that is charged.

Again... If I Recall Correctly! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.