1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Presonus BlueMax Versus Aphex Punch Factory

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JanusZarate, Nov 16, 2006.

1. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I've seen some great reviews on both. I currently own the Punch Factory, but I leave it always-on, so I'm thinking of getting a rackmount compressor instead. Doing so will free up space on my board, too. Ideally, a half rack space unit will do the trick for me, since I'm looking to eventually fill the other 1/2 of the space with a wireless system of some sort.

I love the way the Punch Factory sounds - transparent and studio-like. I'm wondering how the Presonus BlueMax compares, soundwise and behavior-wise. Can you dial in something similar the Punch Factory's fairly transparent "tone", while still handling all the duties of a basic compressor? Can it do better?

Opinions appreciated :)

...and yes, I DID search! I'm seeking input from people who've owned both. :p

2. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Dammit Boo, there's nothing really good in your post for me to harass you about.

3. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    That's the second time, now :p

4. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Bump?