1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Presonus FireBox

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by spencer, Sep 26, 2009.

1. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Anything I should know about it? I was simply looking for a 200$ Firewire Interface. And like that this has 6 ins.

Anything better out there for this price?

2. Kipaste

Kipaste

Jun 27, 2006
    Helsinki, Finland
    Well, for that price there isn't too much differences in other models. Some like the mackie onyx, I personally don't. Then there's the focusrite which is also good. The saffire pro 24 has a few more inputs if that's what you're looking for. I like the presonus for build quality and it doesn't sound hopelessly bad either which is pretty much the only thing I think is important at this price. But beware, for most musicians, the presonus only has 4 ins (2 preamp channels and two line level inputs which basically means you have one stereo in and the two mic/instrument lines) The other 2 inputs are digital and most people looking to play traditional instruments have very little use for. I bet there are numerous other options for Americans too, but this are the most common ones around here.

If I was you I'd probably wait a bit more and look into the new presonus firestudio mobile. It's basically firebox sized unit but with better preamps and converters and has 6 line level inputs making it 10 in unit. It will have the same list price as the firebox, but the street price might be bit higher in the beginning. They should be available within a month or so and would definately be a big improvement over the firebox.

Edit. I forgot, if you're running a mac, definately look into apogee duet. I think it's the only thing that matches the upcoming firestudio mobile in this priceclass. The apogee is probably even better.