1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Presonus Tube Pre FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by pbass2, Mar 31, 2009.

1. pbass2

pbass2

Jan 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I have a Presonus Tube Pre for sale. It has some cosmetic damage--the plastic "window" over the VU meter is cracked. It still functions, and you can still see the meter (the lower half of the window is cracked--see my poor cell phone pics). Comes with power supply.
    Asking $60 shipped in the lower 48.

2. How does this sound for bass? Does it get any sort of drive? I have a friend who plays a clarinet through one, oddly enough.

3. pbass2

pbass2

Jan 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    It's very nice on bass. It's even good on vox, etc. I'd say, if you have NO pre of any kind and are just recording straight into an interface of your DAW, etc. this is crazy bang for buck. You could slam it and make it distort, etc. but I wouldn't say that's its strength. It's just a surprisingly good sounding little tube pre, for cheap.

4. dakpluto

dakpluto

Oct 14, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    I dropped a JAN-Philips 5751 in mine and it makes my Ergo Upright bass sing. This thing is insane for the price that PreSonus sells it.