PreSonus V2

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Virgil Starkwell, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Virgil Starkwell

Virgil Starkwell Guest

Jun 19, 2020
    PreSonus V2.jpg Any opinions welcome.

I did the unspeakable and modified my Alembic Spoiler last year. On my first Spoiler back in 1990 I installed Bartolini soap bar pick-ups. They sound like the Alembic's, but more of everything.

Now that I am on my second Spoiler I did the same, but I also installed an Audere 4-Band active EQ, (totally un-invasive). I have also switched from round wounds of 49 years, to Pyramid Gold flats.

I have found that the increased EQ control of the Audere is in competition with the SM4400S that I am using.

My thoughts are to plug the PreSonus output into the return input of the SWR, bypassing the pre-amp altogether.

I want to hear just the bass without a redundant pre-amp. The Audere has so much output I had to back off the internal trim pots bacuase it was over driving the input of the SWR.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021