1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pressure, ground, half or coated.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mr sprocket, Jan 5, 2007.

1. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    I want to get new strings for my hollow bass. I was thinking flats but I just never got comfortable playing flats. I have been using DR Sunbeams lately but have used D'Addarios and Rotosounds.

I would like string not as bright as roundwound and with a little thump but still have punch. I am really liking the DRs and was thinking about the coated strings.

I was hoping the TBers could sound off.

2. I just recently put a set of DR Black Beauties on my bass and have been pleased with them. To me, they sound like regular roundwounds - with a slight dampening of the brightness of some roundwounds.

I genreally prefer the feel and thump of flats; however, I need strings with a little more ring to them for a lot of the cover material I'm doing. The BB's have worked well but are not "the perfect" strings for me: they are still a little too bright, a little too abrasive and have more left-hand string noise than I prefer.

I had a set of Elixir Nano webs previously and I really liked them -they were nearly the perfect mix of feel and sound for me. The older Poly-webs were a little too-dull for me.