1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Presto

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Ok, if ur not a Rush fan, this will not interest you.

Geddy said in a recent interview that he thought Presto was a disappointment sonically.

I need to agree totally, its the most bland Rush album ever - even though there are some great songs there (The Pass etc)

what makes me wonder is this - they must have had some final say on how the record sounded, even with Rupert Hines at the desk.

How could a band with that much experience in production work let an album that was so poor sonically be released onto the market??

2. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    hmmm.. that album put me off an wal after how thin the bass sounds there... its an exelent album, i love about every song on it, but i need to agree.... there are somthing missing in the sound..

and you know rush.. for every album they try a new approach to the music.. maby they did the same with the production to...

3. Probably because everything they touch is guaranteed to go gold or platinum...so they were like " :oops: "

4. Well one of the lads on this page (can't remember who) gave Test For Echo a huge thumbs down. I thought it was a great record.

Rush fans are probably the most fanatic of all - I know I am. I got a bit tired of their sound around Hold Your Fire, although some reports say that it was their most successful album ever.

IMHO - Geddy has never since had the brilliant sound he got on Moving Pictures and Exit... but I understand wholly his progression from that sound, its apples and oranges to compare his Wal, Steinberger and jazz.

5. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    well.,. IMO, the jazz sounds better than the other he have used..:p and the sound they have on Vapor trails is brilliant.

yeah.. i guess im partly turning in to become an fanatic rush fan, but i gotta say, maiden fans are a little more fanatic..

6. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I always thought the most successful one was Moving Pictures :(