Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Ok, if ur not a Rush fan, this will not interest you.

Geddy said in a recent interview that he thought Presto was a disappointment sonically.

I need to agree totally, its the most bland Rush album ever - even though there are some great songs there (The Pass etc)

what makes me wonder is this - they must have had some final say on how the record sounded, even with Rupert Hines at the desk.

How could a band with that much experience in production work let an album that was so poor sonically be released onto the market??
  2. Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    hmmm.. that album put me off an wal after how thin the bass sounds there... its an exelent album, i love about every song on it, but i need to agree.... there are somthing missing in the sound..

and you know rush.. for every album they try a new approach to the music.. maby they did the same with the production to...
  3. Probably because everything they touch is guaranteed to go gold or they were like " :oops: "
  4. Well one of the lads on this page (can't remember who) gave Test For Echo a huge thumbs down. I thought it was a great record.

Rush fans are probably the most fanatic of all - I know I am. I got a bit tired of their sound around Hold Your Fire, although some reports say that it was their most successful album ever.

IMHO - Geddy has never since had the brilliant sound he got on Moving Pictures and Exit... but I understand wholly his progression from that sound, its apples and oranges to compare his Wal, Steinberger and jazz.
  5. Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    well.,. IMO, the jazz sounds better than the other he have used..:p and the sound they have on Vapor trails is brilliant.

yeah.. i guess im partly turning in to become an fanatic rush fan, but i gotta say, maiden fans are a little more fanatic..
  6. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I always thought the most successful one was Moving Pictures :(