Pretty Good Joke

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Jerry, Jr., Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry, Jr.

Jerry, Jr.

Jun 7, 2002
    Boston, MA
    Some of you might have heard this one before. I found it in an old Reader's Digest.

A Biologist assigned to work in deepest Africa hired a guide to take him upriver to the remote site where he would do his study. As they were making their way into the jungle, the scientist heard the sound of drums.
    "What is that drumming?" he asked his guide nervously.
    The guide, who spoke little English, replied, "Drums okay, but very bad when they stop."
    The drumming continued for two weeks while the biologist conducted his fieldwork. Finally, on the last day, the drums suddenly stopped, and the jungle fell eerily silent. Alarmed, the biologist called out to his guide, "The drums have stopped! What happens now?"
    The guide crouched down, covered his head with his hands and, with despair in his voice, answered "Bass solo."

2. sweetpea

sweetpea Guest

Jun 6, 2002
    S'port, LoUiSiAna
    Already been posted... several times....but thanks for sharing;)
  3. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    well, that's the first time i've heard it, so thanks
    *LOL* i like it
  4. i said that around a bunch of musician friends of mine and they laughed so hard the couldnt breathe.
    peace & plaid
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Greatest Joke ever: - Mod Edit: Why don't we tell misogynistic jokes? Because they aren't funny.

Next time you get the urge to tell one, don't.
  6. I like it. Didn't think it was a bass joke at first...I thought it was more along the lines of the crocodile hunter at first.
  7. First time i heard it to, lol twas good.
  8. Points awarded as courtesy of the joke police:

Funny but you lost points because its been told before.

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    now that the joke is sticked to the top of the forum, I can close this down...

have a wonderful day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.