Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pretty Little Ditty

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by psychadelic_sex_funk, Oct 19, 2000.

1. psychadelic_sex_funk

psychadelic_sex_funk

Oct 19, 2000
    anyone know how to play Pretty Little Ditty?
    i've been trying to work out the bassline, but im stuck with the chorus because it seems to be played up really high on the G string while playing an open A at thesame time, but then the open A goes to a C. ?? how do u hold the C while u've got your hand right up the top of the G string? maybe it's played on 2 basses.
    if you havent heard the song i recommend you get the mp3 cos its really cool!

2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    i know how to play it..You can probably get the tab here...

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I'm not sure about the song we're talking about here, but the obvious answer to the question is to play a C at the 15th fret on the A string if you're also playing high on the G string. If you want a lower C, then you could do it on a 5-string by playing it at the 13th fret on the B string.

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    AFAIK, the C is played at the 15th fret of the A string. To keep the notes down on both the A and G strings, you just have to stretch a little. :)