Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pretty sweet bass t-shirts

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AcousticBass, Jun 6, 2005.

1. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  3. Tryxx

Tryxx Sputnik Forums: Bass Mod

Jun 1, 2005
    Hurst, Texas.
    [​IMG]

TB Shirt, UBP hat.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I dunno: TB doesn't really have anything that rivals this:

[​IMG]

5. Not for nuthin, but I wouldn't be caught dead scrubbing my toilet with that, let alone wear it. :smug:

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Or any of the other shirts on that page- they're all pretty lame.

Not as bad as the two shirts my mother-in-law got me for Christmas:
    [​IMG]
    And this one:
    [​IMG]
    The front of it says "Play your guitar." :rolleyes:
    Despite multiple attempts by my wife and me to explain to her that I play bass, she still doesn't get it, or understand the difference between them. I guess it's the thought that counts....

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The ugly bass player t-shirts are pretty nice-I should order one (I definitely fit the description).
    [​IMG]

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    [​IMG]

You wish you were as cool as me ;)

9. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Uh-huh. Did your mommy take that picture for you? :D

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I really think there is a fine line between clever and stupid. But I also think there is a point where you go so over stupid that it becomes clever. *See Abearacan Idol and Hillbilly bass*

And I still absolutely hate (with a passion) the treble shirts. It was such a cool idea... but with no angry Scotsman and pseudo profanity... it sucks. :bag:

11. I want a shirt with Matt Till's avatar on it........I love STGM!!!

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Oh yes, and there is the slightly less popular shirt with Matt Till on it:

[​IMG]

13. Nice Hair, you look like you should be in the Stray Cats or something.

14. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004

ROFL

Wow! I have tears in my eyes! Those are classic! We've all been there. My aunt used to send me stuff like that all the time. Like you, I tried explaining to her that I play bass...not guitar, but she just didn't get it.

The Christmas Thank You cards were always so great -

Dear Aunt Linda,
    I really liked the baby blue sweater with the guitar playing polar bears on it. I'll wear it all the time. It's my favorite gift. All my musician friends like it a lot too...they think it's the coolest.

15. +1 to bassturtle. my grandmother is the only one in my family that cant grasp the concept that i play bass, not a guitar.

she is so out of it, that she bought me a 100 $ acoustic guitar so that i could "play in a boat on a lake"

please, someone help her. :help:

16. Dude...thats freaking sweet......i want a grandma like that.....lol...
    and I am actually go on a canoe trip with a guitar....sounds kind of lame..but it should be fun..