1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pretty sweet looking bass....(sorry if already posted)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kawai-chang, Jul 23, 2007.

1. www.eclipticbass.com

I really like the look of this. and the design cetainly makes sense.

Sort of old Ibby Bean Bass-ish

2. nastyn8c

nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    I still wouldn't spend that nearly that much on one. If the list is $3,000 they probably want about $2000 for the bass, and they'd be lucky to get $500 from me. I'm not a fan of new body shapes; I like them to be pretty plain in the shape department. Just my opinion though.

3. They look nice but I'd like to see more pics :eyebrow: Having never heard of them, it makes me wonder if they have only made the 3 basses pictured. I'd rather send my $$$$ to Mr. LeCompte.

4. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Too weird of a body shape for me. It looks like some knockoff of a Schecter

I'm a fan of mroe traditional shapes

5. rockwarnick

rockwarnick

Jul 29, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    i don't like the design either. it looks stretched out.

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'm not a huge fan of the shape, but it will have it's fans somewhere!

7. Flintc

Flintc

Aug 15, 2006
    Alabama
    They're Yet Another Luthier making basses in a very crowded field. Why buy an Eclipse rather than a (fill in the blank - Elrick? Modulus? Tobias? Stambaugh? Ristola?) There's a LOT of $3K custom basses for sale out there. What makes them stand out? EMG pickups? Gotoh tuners? Stretched body shape?

Maybe a buyer should operate on the principle that for $3K, you can't often go wrong, and you'll probably like it as well as any of the competitors.

8. funkybassplayer

funkybassplayer Commercial User

Sep 16, 2003
    Longview, TX
    Nordstrand Audio, Epifani
    i saw the add for these basses in the back of the most recent BP mag. i was wondering if any one knew anything about the brand.

9. Bass Player mag has also had wishbass ads, so I wouldn't put too much merit in it.

10. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    I LIKE these, lots of negative comments here, has anyone even seen or heard these instruments live?

11. +1
    I really like that body shape.
    But thats me

12. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I find basses with such small bodies (which yield very little support under your forearm) very uncomfortable, unless you have floating-arm technique (or however it's called) that you don't rest your forearm in the body at all.

13. m.oreilly

m.oreilly

Jul 5, 2006
    Ukiah, CA
    i am a big fan of small body basses, and love this shape.

14. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    It reminds me a lot of some of the AC Guitars models

recurve-over.