1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Previous Amer. Dlx. Bridge Exchange

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dmwynn, Apr 20, 2010.

1. dmwynn

dmwynn

Mar 23, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    I have the previous model (the smaller one) of the American Deluxe Jazz and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with upgrading bridges on these. I was playing a bass with a Badass on it and felt that the bridge on mine currently was a little wimpy in comparison. I'd like to add one with more mass to it and didn't know if the screw holes would line up. Or if there are any suggestions for a good bridge. Doesn't necessarily have to be a larger mass bridge, I just feel like the bridge that comes stock is missing SOMETHING. Don't know what.

2. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I did this on a Am Deluxe 5 jazz. Put a badass on it (doesn't line up perfectly but close enough that you don't have to drill). Kept for about 3 months and went back to the stock bridge. FYI that stock bridge is the essence of what a bass bridge should be in terms of adjustability, functionality and tonality. I lost the "woody" tone my jazz had when I put the badass on it. It sounded different not better or worse but I missed the way it sounded stock so I went back to the stock bridge.