Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Price Alert - Yamaha BB Series Blow Out!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

First off, no I don't work for mousiciansfriend.com. Just saw over at MusiciansFriend.com that they are clearing out the older Nathan East style BB series (just replaced by a new model), BB404 (4 string) and BB405 (5 string) for $199 and $229 resepctively (free shipping to boot). I had a BB405 and am sorry I sold it! Hell of a price for those as they REALLY kick ass.

The review of the new BB's in Bass Player talks about how great the BB series has always been. This is the deal of the century if you are looking for a new bass to start with or a great backup (it might just become your primary)!

2. jedi

jedi

Apr 11, 2003
    north texas
    they only have it in wine red in the four string, is that that burst kind of, or is it solid that color? i can't find any pics anywhere of it
    thanks
    kyle

3. Quadzilla

More like a burst (my 405 was wine).

4. thos e BB 400/500 series seem sweet. I was feeling like i needed one in that nasty orange color. But I was looking for a nice PJ fretless. I saw there is a version coming out, but in active only.

5. jedi

jedi

Apr 11, 2003
    north texas
    hmm, if it was black, probably lean towards it. i'm gonig to wait a few days to see if i can hear back about a yamaha sbv. hopefully they'll stick around that long.
    thanks for the info
    kyle

6. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Ok, I officially hate you. I just ordered a wine 5. Had a HARD time deciding between wine and black, but I'm just a woodgrain guy. The 4's are already sold out to only the wine available. When I ordered mine, wines and blacks were still available. 229, no tax, no shipping. This could be my new frat party gig bass. :)

7. Quadzilla

Muahahahahah!!! :D :p ;)

8. Quadzilla

Hell, they even have a fretless version for $199 and a lefty for $179!!!

9. Sane

Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    If that fretless was a fiver I woulda jumped on it right then bah...

10. +1

I've been looking for a decent starter fretless.

11. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Ok, ok, you can shut up now... ;)

12. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Anyone know the nut width and string spacing on the 405?

13. Quadzilla

Pretty tight. Very much like a jazz. 1.75" and 17.5 mm maybe (or there-abouts)...

14. jbathehut

jbathehut

Apr 20, 2005
    Is the spacing similar on the 404, or is it more like 19mm?

15. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Yeah, I'd almost guarantee it's 17mm ("standard" 5 spacing), except Yamaha's do tend to run a little wider on these, I THINK, so it could be up to 18mm, but I doubt any bigger than that. I should get mine by Fri or Mon worst case. I'll measure and post.

16. K-Frog

K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    Unless they've changed them much, the 5 string should be standard 3/4" spacing at the bridge. The neck is 3" at the 24th fret, which usually translates to 19mm bridge spacing.

And wouldn't it just figure, that after waiting on a good deal on eBay and buying it over the weekend, MF has a blowout.

I should buy another one anyway. Maybe get my money back out of the used one.

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Someone talk me out of buying one!

18. Sane

Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    You'll love every minute of it, its a wonderfull value and it costs less then a speeding ticket... wait thats not what you asked...Ooops? :D

19. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You're not helping my case...should I get the 4 string or the fiver? LOL

20. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Both since they're so cheap :smug:. oops! :D

Ray