1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Price check and opinion on a Crest Amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by odie, Mar 17, 2004.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

My band is looking to ass an amp for our subs. We can pick up a used Crest LT1500 for $500. It has a new main board installed by authorized Crest techs. Just wondering if this is a good deal for one.

Opinions?? I know BassNW has one for less. But this one has been fixed and looked over.

I also hear their is an "arching" problem with the LT series. This is supposedly why this amp was repaired. Fact or fiction.

2. I had one before I went "all tube". It's a great amp, I got mine used for like 420.00. I guess you got a good deal cause it was looked over by the techs then.

3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    e-mail sent.

as for the arching problem, I've had a ton of the crest LT's and never heard of this. Not saying it not something thats happen but I've never seen it or heard of it, I use a number of them in the shop for demoing as well and have sold a tone of them. I'm not really sure what the arching is.....

Killer amp!

4. jeflepard

jeflepard

Nov 11, 2003
    USA Atlanta, Ga
    I owned a Crest LT 1500 and it was an excellent amp. I highly recommend them.