Price check....GK 1001RB II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 59jazz, Dec 27, 2005.

1. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

I'll probably end up buying a new one, but I'm wondering what these guys go for used in excellent cond? :eyebrow:

Thanks, Steve

2. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    probably not much less than a new one for $600. I've looked around. You are better off picking up one from www.rmcaudio.com or bringing the quote to a local GC and have them match the price. This is what I did to get mine. For an extra $100 or so you get the full warranty and a bit more piece of mind from having a brand new unit...

3. fatsobasso

fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    yeah i think i finally settled on a gk700rb-2,i have an old gk 200mb and it still works,anyone remember those? 100 watts with a 12 inch inside the metal fram,lol.what do you guys think of the 700rb-2?i can't afford the extra loot for the 1001.

4. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    the 700 is the same amp but not as powerful as the 1001. It still packs a punch for most situations though. I just went with the 1001 because you can never have too much headroom.

5. 59jazz

Dalley...are you saying that a new 1001RB MkII could be had for $600? I e-mailed RMC Audio for a quote. Thanks, Steve

6. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    yes sir ... $600 shipped to your door

as a dealer, they are probably only making $100 per unit at that price but they sell a lot of them. I found RMC (Rik's) through this forum as well...........

7. 59jazz

Dalley, thanks for the info!

Steve