Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Price check....GK 1001RB II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 59jazz, Dec 27, 2005.

1. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

I'll probably end up buying a new one, but I'm wondering what these guys go for used in excellent cond? :eyebrow:

Thanks, Steve

2. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    probably not much less than a new one for $600. I've looked around. You are better off picking up one from www.rmcaudio.com or bringing the quote to a local GC and have them match the price. This is what I did to get mine. For an extra $100 or so you get the full warranty and a bit more piece of mind from having a brand new unit...

3. fatsobasso

fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    yeah i think i finally settled on a gk700rb-2,i have an old gk 200mb and it still works,anyone remember those? 100 watts with a 12 inch inside the metal fram,lol.what do you guys think of the 700rb-2?i can't afford the extra loot for the 1001.

4. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    the 700 is the same amp but not as powerful as the 1001. It still packs a punch for most situations though. I just went with the 1001 because you can never have too much headroom.

5. 59jazz

Dalley...are you saying that a new 1001RB MkII could be had for $600? I e-mailed RMC Audio for a quote. Thanks, Steve

6. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    yes sir ... $600 shipped to your door

as a dealer, they are probably only making $100 per unit at that price but they sell a lot of them. I found RMC (Rik's) through this forum as well...........

7. 59jazz

Dalley, thanks for the info!

Steve