Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Price Check: Kustom II w/matching 1X15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SheepHerder7898, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Ok found this amp at GC awhile ago and just played through it today. Man it sounds good. The cab has a new eminence speaker in it but you wouldn't know it to look at it. The pair look like they've been through Hell and back.

They are asking $350 for both. Is this reasonable? I tried looking on ebay and the like but couldn't find any, just a bunch of 60's tuck and roll style ones. Any info/experiances would be appreciated.

Edit: This one except with a 1X15
    [​IMG]

2. Bump. ANY info would be appreciated. You could even tell me if you think it's pretty.

3. I wouldn't go for this rig myself. This is a "resurrected" Kustom, NOT the quality of the early "tuck-and-roll" days.

They're not worth anything on the vintage market, and their tone doesn't match the "tuck and roll" models. Also I think they are underpowered.

If it were my money, I'd get something else. Which is sorta sad, since I happen to have an early Kustom K250 tuck and roll with a 2x15 cab.

Unless, of course you love the tone. But $350 is awfully high.

4. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    $350 is a bit high, especially after you said the setup has been through hell and back. $250 would be as high as I would go if it's in poor shape.

5. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I got a mint fender jazz and a hardshell case from GC's used market, I paid $210 for it all. It was marked at 300, caseless. You just have to talk with them for a while and be like "I only have $170 dollars"

6. Thanks for the advice. I think I'll just go get the Sunn 1X18 I've been looking at and look for a good head to go on top. Thanks.