1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Price Check: Kustom II w/matching 1X15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SheepHerder7898, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Ok found this amp at GC awhile ago and just played through it today. Man it sounds good. The cab has a new eminence speaker in it but you wouldn't know it to look at it. The pair look like they've been through Hell and back.

They are asking $350 for both. Is this reasonable? I tried looking on ebay and the like but couldn't find any, just a bunch of 60's tuck and roll style ones. Any info/experiances would be appreciated.

Edit: This one except with a 1X15
    [​IMG]

2. Bump. ANY info would be appreciated. You could even tell me if you think it's pretty.

3. I wouldn't go for this rig myself. This is a "resurrected" Kustom, NOT the quality of the early "tuck-and-roll" days.

They're not worth anything on the vintage market, and their tone doesn't match the "tuck and roll" models. Also I think they are underpowered.

If it were my money, I'd get something else. Which is sorta sad, since I happen to have an early Kustom K250 tuck and roll with a 2x15 cab.

Unless, of course you love the tone. But $350 is awfully high.

4. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    $350 is a bit high, especially after you said the setup has been through hell and back. $250 would be as high as I would go if it's in poor shape.

5. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I got a mint fender jazz and a hardshell case from GC's used market, I paid $210 for it all. It was marked at 300, caseless. You just have to talk with them for a while and be like "I only have $170 dollars"

6. Thanks for the advice. I think I'll just go get the Sunn 1X18 I've been looking at and look for a good head to go on top. Thanks.