1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

price check on a couple peavey rigs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rockchopper86, Aug 25, 2012.

1. hello well im gonna try this again, i asked the other day and everybody got upset i wasn't a supporting member, well now i am, so I've decided i am going to upgrade rigs and am not sure what is a fair price to ask for my current setups. So what is a peavey max 700 head with 410 tvx and 115 bvx cabs that's never been gigged but does have a couple scrapes in the tolex worth? I also have a gk back line 600 head paired with a old peavey 1810 cab thats in good shape and has just had the 18 re-coned. Ill be putting them in the classifieds section shortly after i get some replies. anyway thanks in advance guys.

2. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    There was a Max 450 with 410TVX and 115BVX in the TB classifieds a few months ago that was a hard sell at around $500 by two different sellers. A little more for the 700 and I'd say $550-$600.

3. hmmmm. i was afraid of that.

4. what about the other rig? im raising funds to switch to a lds 1515/66/1 with carvin b2000 rig.

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Well the 1810 cab might get you $250-300 if you can find a local buyer, I wouldn't want to ship it personally. And that would probably not be a quick sell.

Don't have experience with the GK though, sorry.

6. ok that's about what i was expecting for that rig then. realy thought the newer setup was worth more then 550 though.

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Unfortunately used gear is worth precisely what the seller can get someone to pay for it. In this economic climate nothing is worth what it once was. Good luck with finding a suitable buyer.

8. sanderic

sanderic

Jun 3, 2011
    1810s are currently for sale in the new Orleans area for $200.

9. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    I would say $300 for the head, $250 for the 4x10 and $150 for the 1x15 = $700 but as Paul said, the current economy is not supporting those figures. You may be able to hit those numbers if you sell the items separately and locally, but as a rig it's not happening.

10. well thanks guys. i put them up localy for a little more or best offer so hopefully someone bites.

11. Just snagged a Peavey 410 TX for $140 local pickup down here in ATL. Was listed on CL for about a month for $200 or best. I'm happy to have it!