Price check on a Spector ns1

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kristofer, Mar 1, 2006.

1. kristofer

Feb 27, 2006
    I own a 1979-1980 Spector ns1 #317. I live in sweden and I never seen anyone for sale. So I want to know what I can get for it if I sell it. I dont think I ever will sell it but its good to know the price.
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    You could contact PJ Rubal at Spector or Todd Cooke. Todd and TONS of old/rare Spector basses.

Here is Todd Cooke's website:
  3. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Unless one's a real big Spector collector, they aren't sought after much. I've seen them go for around $1000 on ebay before, but those have been few and far between. PJ Rubal at Spector could give you some estimates as well as the formentioned Todd Cooke. Both guys are awesome to deal with and they answer any and all email.
  4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder
    I've had a couple of them in the past.. about 6 to 8 years ago I guess. They sold then for around the 1400 range I believe. They are going to really need to be in the hands of a Spector collector. JP might be able to give you a better value in a collector's perspective.

I believe there is or was one on ebay.

edit, ok so Nino and Spector_Ray where quicker to the punch then I. But I guess we all have the same info to offer :)
  5. jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Yea there's been one on the bay for quite a few months with an opening bid of like $1800 or so, I dont think he's sellin it anytime soon.
  6. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    That's actually a SB1, he is asking too much. I bought my '79 NS1 a few months ago for $800 but it's definitely not a museum piece.
  7. jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    My bad, I hadn't looked at the listing in awhile. Looks decent.. I would be interested at the price you paid lol ;)
  8. kristofer

Feb 27, 2006
  9. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Interesting comments about the market for vintage Kramers. I have a classifieds ad that has gathered dust for a Brooklyn (pre-Kramer) NS-2. I thought I had priced it right based on what new ones were selling for on eBay, but the action (or lack thereof) on that ad seems to confirm that it's just a niche market for vintage Kramers.

Anyway, I'll probably pull the ad, as I'm getting used to the 24 frets, and the tone is completely different from my Jazz bass. Plus I love Alice in Chains and Police-era Sting. :D
  10. jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I think there was a big market for Brooklyn basses DURING the Kramer era, but I don't think Spectors sell very quickly at any price these days, I know I lost a bit selling one on eBay a few months back.