1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"PRICE CHECK?" SVT 2 (non pro)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lyla1953, Jul 18, 2012.

1. lyla1953

lyla1953

Jul 18, 2012
    Hello all - I'm new to TB and returning to the bass world after nearly 40 years. I worked in Caroll Music (S Miami Florida-The Johnsons - The McCrink's are my first cousin's) at 17 plus. What a impressionable age that was. Owned a 4001, Jbass, Hofner. And if you grew up in the south florida music scene in the early 70's you personally knew Jaco P, Pat M, Ira S. Yup, better known as the best of the best of the best. Took many a lesson from Jaco and Pat. If I knew then what I know now. Hello all - it's great to be back!
    Now to the biz at hand - I have a local line on a USA Jan 1993 built SVT 2 (non-Pro) head but having a heck of a time figuring out a current fair market price for it. Anyone have an idea (educated guess's welcome) of a price range or can lead me to a source? It's in very good to excellent condition but hasn't been used in years. Thanks in advance.

2. the last few that sold on TB went from about $800 to $1200 depending on the condition. You state excellent condition but it's also been sitting around. Cosmetically it may be dandy but how are the tubes, caps, etc...

Anticipate taking it to a tech. I'd offer $650-$700 if it's running and appears OK and go from there. What's he asking if you don't mind?

3. lyla1953

lyla1953

Jul 18, 2012
    Thanks for responding...$1000

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Fair price if it's working and in good shape.

5. lyla1953

lyla1953

Jul 18, 2012
    Great...thanks. Can't wait to take it back to the basics!

6. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    I think $800.00 is a fair price for the SVT-II if it is in good condition.