1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Price check - what's it worth? (Supporting member)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shadow_FIX, Apr 28, 2010.

1. shadow_FIX

shadow_FIX

Feb 23, 2010
    Hi guys, not trying to sell this here, I have a local guy interested but would like to get some opinions on what to charge.

I have an SWR Workingman's Tower 8x10 cabinet. Some specs from the "vintage" page on their website:

WORKINGMAN'S TOWER
    Designed in conjunction with legendary bassist Francis "Rocco" Prestia of Tower Of Power, the Workingman's Tower was a single chamber 8x10 speaker enclosure with piezo tweeter. It was specially tuned with a softer, more pillowy midrange than other SWR products, and was a perfect complement to the Workingman's 8004 amplifier.

Power Handling Capacity: 800 watts RMS
    Impedance: 4 Ohms
    Eight 10" custom Eminence drivers One LeSon piezo tweeterr
    Weight: 110 lbs
    Size: 22 3/8"W x 46 1/2"H x 18 1/4"D

Production Period: 2002 to 2004
    Final Retail Price: $1,214.27

I bought this for $250 cause the guy wanted a quick sale. I played it lightly for a little while, it's seen a little wear but it's in overall great shape. I think that I should ask what I paid.

What do you guys think?

2. $250 for a working 8x10 of almost any make seems like a good price. At the end of the day, you have to be happy with what you got for it. If $250 makes you happy go with it.

Paul

3. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I sold mine locally back in 2007 for $700. I don't remember if that was a good price, or if I gouged somebody who just didn't do their research, but $250 seems a bit on the low side to me.

4. $250 does seem a little low but if your one of those nice guys that is passing on a good deal to someone who needs it then do it and enjoy your good Karma.

5. $250 sounds like a great price if it's in good working order.

6. shadow_FIX

shadow_FIX

Feb 23, 2010
    Maybe I am pricing it a little low...I got such a great deal on it because it belonged to an old band/guitarist I played with. They traded someone plant material for it, so my friend didn't feel justified in asking more than $250 for it when I bought it. My guess is the guy was so desperate for his bud that he let it go for almost nothing. :rolleyes:

Maybe $300 would be better, and I would have made $50 playing that cab for 3 years ;) We'll see how it goes...this is a friend of mine so I definitely don't want to be unreasonable!