For Sale PRICE DROP 1600 - Fender USA 2002 '75 RI - Special Edition CAR

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by CatDaddyOTB, Aug 14, 2022.

1. CatDaddyOTB

CatDaddyOTB Feline Father Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Philadelphia, PA
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Ladies and Gentlemen... weighing in at 9lb 5.1oz is this lovely 2002 Fender USA '75 Reissue, made in a very limited quantity for the European market.

Featuring an alder body, slim maple neck and beautiful rosewood board with binding and pearloid block inlays! Currently plays with super low action with a set of GHS round-core boomers, 45-105.

This bass plays, looks and sounds awesome, and I've given it a few upgrades:

- Genuine Fender USA Tortoise Pickguard
    - Hipshot A Style Brass Bridge
    - Fender Pure Vintage '74 Pickups
    - Dunlop Traditional Strap Locks
    - Volume/Blend/Tone control layout done by a skilled tech here in Philadelphia
    - Gotoh Reverse wind Res-O-Lite Tuners - seeing as this is a lightweight bass this really helped with balance.

Some things from the previous owner that are worth mentioning:

- Some light cosmetic bumps and bruises which I've done my best to photograph, mostly on the back of the instrument/in other inconspicuous locations. It also looks like the hole for the top strap button was repaired at some point.
    - A small route for a 9V battery under the pickguard. I kept this bass passive but this would come in handy if you wanted to drop a preamp in!
    - A sexy devil chick sticker on the back, which I decided to leave on, what the heck. You can take it off if you want.

The metal covers, original tuners, original white pickguard, Bridge foam mute, original bridge, original strap buttons, strap and other case candy are included in the beautiful original hardshell case.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions. PRICE DROP TO $1600 shipped in the Continental USA, or local pickup in the Philly/NJ/Delaware area. I prefer to sell but am not completely opposed to trades, and here are some things that would interest me:
    - Fender Custom Shop
    - Fender AVRI
    - Medium Scale Basses
    - BIG fan of high-end Japanese basses such as Moon/Atelier Z

Looking forward to hearing from ya!

IMG_0503.jpg IMG_0516.jpg IMG_0505.jpg IMG_0507.jpg IMG_0510.jpg IMG_0508.jpg IMG_0515.jpg IMG_0514.jpg IMG_0513.jpg IMG_0512.jpg IMG_0511.jpg IMG_0509.jpg IMG_0504.jpg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022 at 7:29 PM
  2. MaccaMan1964

MaccaMan1964 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Sexy as hell! Guess that explains the she-devil sticker! Great choice on the tortoise shell pickguard….wow….

CatDaddyOTB likes this.
  3. Facethemusic

Facethemusic Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2018
    Upstate NY
    PM sent

4. CatDaddyOTB

Mar 20, 2018
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thank you sir!!! Thought it was a much better look than the plain white. This thing kills!!

5. jeff62

jeff62 Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Central FL
    Any trade interests?

CatDaddyOTB likes this.
  6. CatDaddyOTB

Mar 20, 2018
    Philadelphia, PA
    They are listed above but you're welcome to send me a PM.

7. leojazz

leojazz

Sep 29, 2010
    Boston MA
    What a beauty!!!

8. CatDaddyOTB

Mar 20, 2018
    Philadelphia, PA
    She certainly is! Almost don't want to sell it but I have a few too many at the moment : )

9. CatDaddyOTB

Mar 20, 2018
    Philadelphia, PA
    PRICE DROP TO $1600 SHIPPED CONUS : )

armybass likes this.