No longer available PRICE DROP!! $1675 OBO Alien Audio Lunar 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by groovin_bassman, May 12, 2018.

1. Price:
    $1675
    Strings:
    PRICE DROP! This is basically brand new condition!

Alien Audio Lunar 5 in black matte finish over swamp ash, with a highly figured birdseye maple fingerboard. 2Tek bridge makes this bass sing and ring for like, ever! Nordy pickups in the P/dual coil setup with the very awesome, most versatile preamp available in a bass... the Mo West preamp. This bass can do it all, P bass, Jaco, vintage, modern, and anything else you heart desires! In the hi-fi mode, it can even get MTD-ish. Just recently got this back from Chopper Anderson (owner/builder of Alien Audio) had the black gloss finish removed for this beautiful matte black finish! Bass is in mint condition with nothing I can find anywhere. This bass is basically brand new. These basses brand new run $2500 and up depending on options.

I just recently took a trip to Chicago and went to every music store to try out every kind of bass that was offered... I only found one that I felt could hold a candle to this bass and that was a NYC Sadowsky. I absolutely fell in love with that bass and have dreamed of it ever since. I am either going to sell this one and buy one, or trade for a Metro.

If you have something else you think would compare (Jazz bass on steroids) , please PM me! I welcome cash offers, but low ballers will be ignored.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    JSBassman61 and bassman216 like this.
  2. bassman216

bassman216

Apr 4, 2015
    Dayton, Ohio
    He is not kidding about this bass! I had the opportunity to play this bass in church the other day. It can go from vintage P bass to the most crispy, bright modern sound you want! Oh and the B string on this bass is one of the best I’ve ever heard. Beautiful bass guys!

groovin_bassman likes this.
  3. Here is a YouTube video of talkbasser @MattB88 demoing his Alien Audio bass in the studio...

bassman216 likes this.
  4. fedenybass

fedenybass Supporting Member

Keep it!

5. MattB88

MattB88

Sep 11, 2016
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: LowEnd basses, DR Strings, Warm Audio, Shaw Audio
    Beautiful bass with unbearable sound and Chopper is the best! Only reason I own 3 and will own more!

6. MattB88

MattB88

Sep 11, 2016
    Nashville
    If I still had my metro 5 I’d trade you.

7. I wish you still had it too!

8. RockBoxBass

RockBoxBass Supporting Member

stats?

9. Sorry for not having these:
    18mm spacing
    35” scale, I believe... I thought it was 34”
    Don’t have a scale, but feels about 9-10 lbs.

RockBoxBass likes this.
  10. MattB88

MattB88

Sep 11, 2016
    Nashville
    It’s definitely a 35” scale. 22 fret models are 35” and 34” are 21 frets on choppers basses.

Fred312b and groovin_bassman like this.
  11. I’m pulling this because I’ve decided to keep it. It plays and sounds too good!