SOLD PRICE DROP! 1978 Fender Musicmaster! All Original! American Made w/ Gig Bag! Price shipped!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by dopejohnpaul, Dec 31, 2019.

1. dopejohnpaul

dopejohnpaul Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    Price:
    This is 100% the MOJO KING you’ve been looking for! The Musicmaster was one of the first 3/4 short scale models Fender offered, and the single, single coil pickup really holds its own.

All original 1978 Fender Musicmaster, in the black on black fitting. American made. Beautiful, if you like an old gal with some natural relic. This guitar is structurally in great shape. The electronics all work, and sound just as you’d expect. The truss Rod is strong and easily adjusted. The neck is even and straight, with no issues or warping. All of the frets still look great, and there’s basically no wear on the fret board. Tuners are clean and tight. The body, is in great shape structurally. This beauty sings though a Super Reverb. Again, all parts are original to the guitar.

From 78-81, Fender tried a new eco-friendly finish that did not chemically mix well with the paint underneath. This resulted in guitars from that period ending up with dull, chipped finishes as they aged. The black has aged grey streaks on the back. There are chips, scuffs, scrapes, etc in the paint job, but NO dings or dents into the actual wood. Again, to me, lots of beautiful mojo. Great natural relic’ing. Second, one side of the split shaft on the Tone pot has broken. The pot is still 100% functional. The original Tone knob is still included with the guitar. I have extra, newer pots, but did not want to swap out the original. It could easily be swapped if you don’t mind giving up the original, or you could do like I did and rig the knob with a temporary filler or dowel rod piece of some sort to hold the knob in place. I’ve never had any issues with it. Was just taken for a setup and restringing by our local Fender Gold Level tech. Everything works exactly as should. This lady plays and sounds great!

I love this guitar. I got it from the original owner who owned a music shop in the 70s and 80’s. It’s been on tour. Recorded albums, and taught my kid how to play. I went through a short scale phase in the early 00s, and I’m over it now, so this is one of my pieces that isn’t making the cut this go round.

Price includes guitar AS IS with a deluxe padded G&L case. Also includes shipping in the lower 48, which if you look online is a steal! Would work it even lower for a local sale. I’m about 90 min south of Atlanta. If you have any questions at all, please ask. Interested in all kinds of trades at the $1000 range. Would take trades + cash if it’s something I needed. 100% ratings on eBay, Reverb, and TB. Pm for more info!

*I have its partner, an all original ‘78 Musicmaster Bass for sale in the Bass section. Would definitely work out a deal for both.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    scottm likes this.
  2. dopejohnpaul

dopejohnpaul Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    Price Drop bump!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021