1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED *Price Drop* 1996 Warwick Thumb BO, Wenge Neck, Classic Warwick Vibe

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by T2D2, May 29, 2019.

1. T2D2

T2D2 Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is an all original (except for the strings) 1996 Warwick Thumb Bolt On 4 String. Everything still on it as it came from Warwick (even the old tuners that say West Germany on them). This is my first real “quality bass” that I bought here on talkbass over 4 years ago. Absolutely no real issues to my knowledge, and the bass is still in great shape and everything works and plays really well. I am only getting rid of this because I have G.A.S for a nice quality P Bass, that I can gig with, and leave the nice instruments at home or for studio. I bought this from Barry here on talkbass. He only owned it for a week, and before him, it was a one owner bass. For me, it has been my church bass, and has always resided in our church building, until we recently moved to our new church building, and decided to leave a 5’er at church. This thing is a beast!!! And it is light, weighing in at 8 pounds. The neck is super fast.

Nut width: 1.5
    Weight - 8 lbs.
    Bolt On
    1996 Model Serial Number 6-031566-96
    Recessed Straplock (comes with Dunlop straplocks)
    Warwick Brass Nut
    Ships in the original Warwick Hard Case (its in rough shape on the outside but works and the Thumb fits it perfect; interior is in good shape).

Here are some comments from Barry in his original post: “The guy we got it from bought it, played it for a few years in a band and played it some in his church, then basically quit playing, put it in the case, and its been sitting in the case for years. It looked like he had never cleaned it when we got it. I spent the better part of the last couple of days taking every piece off and cleaning everything and waxing everything and polishing it all and doing a setup on it.
    It now has a new set of Elixir strings on it and is set up and all I can say is WOW!!! This thing is a beast!!! The Warwick growl comes in spades from this bass. The wenge neck has got to be the darkest wenge I have personally ever seen in person. It is beautiful. Also, I don't know what wood the body is made of but this is the lightest Warwick I have ever picked up. I don't have a digital scale, but my analog scale is what I used. I weighed the 3 Warwicks we have here for comparison and here is what the scale says:
    Streamer Stage 1 - 10 lbs.
    Corvette Fretless - 12 lbs.
    This Thumb 4 string - 8 lbs.!!!!”

PM me with any questions or offers. Mainly just looking for a P to gig with. Maybe a moollon or Fender Am Original 60s. Something with some Pre CBS vibe. Thanks for looking. Make me an offer

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    BrentSimons, bass10bfb and scottm like this.
  2. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Yep.... I owned that bass before. It is a beauty. Super light too for a Thumb. At the time I wasn't a big Thumb fan, but man it is a great bass. I remember it well. Good luck with the sale brother!!!
    Great bass and great guy to deal with here folks!!! Buy or trade with confidence!!!

3. T2D2

T2D2 Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Oklahoma
    I’m sure you recognize these pictures. Lol.

bass10bfb likes this.
  4. T2D2

T2D2 Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Price is shipped CONUS

5. T2D2

T2D2 Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Somebody make me an offer

6. Smoothmove

Smoothmove Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Lebanon , Oregon
    Pm’ed

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021