1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Price Drop!! 2011 MIG Warwick Corvette $$ Fiesta

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ethikz, Nov 28, 2015.

1. ethikz

ethikz

Jun 16, 2015
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Price:
    1100 obo
    Strings:
    I am hesitant to put this up for sale but after playing a Thumb I am in love with the sound of the Thumb and prefer playing that and also looking to find a custom made bass. I'm am in no hurry to sell this as this is the first Warwick I've ever owned and it is my baby.

It will come with black strap locks and Warwick leather RockBag and User Manual. Also has a Hipshot GB7 Bass Extender. It is such a smooth playing bass and has the smallest neck I've ever seen on any bass.

This bass is in immaculate shape, looks brand new, no dents, scratches or chips.

$1100 obo Shipped to lower 48.

Will consider trades for MIG Warwick Alien or a Lightwave Sabre

If you need more pictures let me know.

Corvette $$
    • 4 string
    • Serial Number: J 157364 11
    • Year: 2011
    • Month: September
    • Number: 157364
    • Neck Wood: Ovangkol Wood
    • Fingerboard: Wenge Wood
    • Scale length: 34" (long scale)
    • Frets: Bronze Warwick Frets
    • Fret Markers: Glow in the Dark. Just noticed this today (12-27-2015)
    • Nut: Just a Nut III
    • Neck construction: Bolt On
    • Body: 2 pcs. Swamp Ash Wood, solid
    • Surface: Red Highpolish
    • Pickups: 2 passive MEC MM Humbucker
    • Electronic: active MEC 2 Band Electronic
    • Two 3-way mini-switches for separate configuration of the humbuckers (serial / parallel / single-coil) Volume P/P / Balance / Treble / Bass
    • Hardware: Black Hardware by Warwick
    • Made in Germany / 08258 Markneukirchen

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    DevinWard369 likes this.
  2. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    Can you compare/contrast the tones of this and the Thumb?

3. ethikz

ethikz

Jun 16, 2015
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I've had the Thumb for a limited time so I haven't had a lot of experimentation with it and of course I am a noob.

With that preface out of the way to me the Thumb seems to be a bit more growlier and has low end punch.

The Vette seems to be a little more versatile to me and does have some low end punch but I think it has more mids/highs to it. It does have a typical humbucker sound to it but with more punch and growl. With the combination of the switches for the configuration and the knobs there are a multitude of combinations you can come up with.

Don't get me wrong I love both and fell in love with he Vettes and used it as my main Bass while trying out others and nothing compares. I just love the low/mid punch the Thumb has. You could possibly get close to it with the Vette but that would take some messing around with knobs and different P/U configurations.

I have seen a general consensus though that the 2 are very different tonally. Maybe someone with more experience in Bass and Sound can chime in with a better and possibly more correct answer.

4. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    I'll give a Quick and Dirty comparison.

The Thumb has a fairly unique tone due to the Jazz pickups being so close to the bridge. It has "A Sound". And it's what draws a lot of people to Warwick. This is the Classic Warwick tone.

With the dual humbuckers, Active / Passive tone circuits and those 2 3-Way toggles, The $$ can do almost any tone. It's a Fender Roscoe Beck on Steroids! This is the Modern Warwick tone.

5. Manichga

Manichga

Aug 13, 2013
    Australia
    Keep both. I have one of each. Very different beasts.

ethikz likes this.
  6. ethikz

ethikz

Jun 16, 2015
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Thanks for chiming in with some more information.

7. DevinWard369

DevinWard369

Apr 30, 2012
    Utah
    Bump. Someone trade with this guy! Bronze just a nut 3! I'll bet it'll sustain for days.

ethikz likes this.
  8. ethikz

ethikz

Jun 16, 2015
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Lowered price bump

9. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Cool... I assume this was refinished?

10. ethikz

ethikz

Jun 16, 2015
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Nope. It came from Warwick like this.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2020