1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale PRICE DROP - 2015 Warwick GPS Streamer Stage 1 5 String Natural Made in Germany SSI

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Reedt2000, May 4, 2019.

1. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    Price:
    Strings:
    Edit: price lowered to $1900 shipping included (continental US only)

So I've decided to sell my Warick GPS SSI. Included with it is the original Warwick Rockbag. I do not have the straplocks (although the original strap buttons are on the bass). It's bone stock and everything functions perfectly. Here are the specs from Warwick:

Description:
    Warwick Pro Series: Made in Germany

Features:
    • Warwick Teambuilt Pro Series Streamer Stage I
    • 5-string electric bass
    • 34" long scale
    • US Cherry body
    • Neck-Through construction
    • 4-piece laminated Maple neck with Ekanga veneer stripes
    • Wenge fretboard
    • 26" radius
    • 24 positions
    • Just a Nut III Tedur
    • nut width 45.5 mm / 1.8"
    • active MEC J/J pickups
    • active MEC 2-band electronics
    • controls for Volume P/P / Balance / Bass / Treble
    • Warwick machine heads
    • 2-piece Warwick bridge
    • string spacing 16.5 mm / 21/32"
    • distance B to G string 66 mm / 2 19/32"
    And Warick's promo video (not this specific bass being played, just the same model)

This one is in natural satin (which don't seem to be available direct from Warwick at the moment). This model is the GPS (German Pro Series), it's what Warwick describes as "Team-Built" My understanding is they outsource C&C and shaping work to an outside company (also located in Germany) and then finishing is done in the same factory as the master-built instruments. You can check Warwick's website for more details than that. The construction is top-notch.

This bass is in very good condition and it plays great. I have never had a bass setup so easily or get such low action without buzzing. I have held off on putting it up for sale because it is such a nice playing bass but it doesn't get the playing time it deserves. Even though I love the way it plays I never connected with the tone. It is more balanced than my other Wicks. It has that tight, mid-range growl that Warwick is known for, but along with it is deep, clear bass, and crisp, clean highs. The only flaws worth mentioning are some rub marks on the back (see pics). You really cant see them unless you shine light directly on that spot. They were there when I got it, but I've found satin Finish Warwicks to be susceptible to that. I've gigged this a little so it has been used but well cared for. It is currently strung with Ken Smith, stainless, taper-core strings. 130-44.
    ken-smith-taper-core-bass-guitar-strings-24.

The pickups are active, and it has a 2-band preamp. It has an "active/passive" push-pull but it only bypasses the preamp, the pickups still need a battery.

I know people will ask about weight and as of right now I'm not sure. It is heavier than my Corvette FNA Jazzman 5-String, but lighter than my G&L Tribute L2500. Let's play the guessing game! I think it is probably around 10lbs. I'll be able to get it to a shipping scale this week so I'll update that and see how close my guess was.

Edit: The wait is over, the weight is in (see what I did there? :smug:) Shipping scale says 9 lbs 8 oz

20190520_172502.

I'm really not looking for trades, I'm pretty happy with the current lineup. Offers would have to be 5-string, 18mm spacing or less, and cash my way. Just want to put that out there. PM me if you want, but chances are I'm gonna hold out for a sale.

Price includes shipping by FedEx to anywhere in the continental United States, fully insured. PayPal transfer only (as a goods & service for your peace of mind). I've had a lot of experience shipping guitars & basses so I'll pack it with care (I've got a Fender bass box sitting around waiting for this one).

DSCN0832 (2).JPG
    DSCN0838.JPG DSCN0840.JPG DSCN0844.JPG DSCN0845 (2).JPG DSCN0848.JPG DSCN0853.JPG DSCN0855.JPG DSCN0857.JPG DSCN0863.JPG

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  2. burgerdj

burgerdj

Dec 4, 2006
    Lovely bass. Reminds me of my favorite bass from the early/mid-90s, the Streamer Bolt On.

Reedt2000 likes this.
  3. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    Weight added, see description and picture above