TRADED ***PRICE DROP!! $2100 OBO SHIPPED***2018 USA Handcrafted Brubaker JXB-5 Standard #4 of 15 for 2018

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jason Donfris, May 12, 2021.

1. Price:
    $2100
    Strings:
    United States
    PRICE DROP $2100 OBO SHIPPED CONUS

2018 USA Brubaker JXB-5 Standard
    Handcrafted by Kevin Brubaker
    #4 of 15 for 2018

Specs:
    -Alder body
    -21 fret Rosewood fingerboard
    -Luminlay side dots
    -Maple bolt-thru neck
    -Bone nut
    -Quilted maple pickguard and control plate
    -Paul Arntz custom overwound jazz pickups
    -9v Bartolini 3 band preamp with push pull active passive and push push mids
    -USA Hipshot ultra-lite tuners
    -USA Hipshot A style bridge
    -34” scale
    19mm string spacing
    -Approximately 9lbs

Bass has some minor scratches, dents, dings and player wear. None of which effects playability.

Phenomenal playing bass with fast low action!

Punchy, growly, organic piano like tone with a fantastic tight, articulate, and thunderous B string!

Extraordinarily versatile with Fat clear and articulate Lows, amazing mids, clean and clear highs! Vintage to modern sounding jazz tone!

Interested in trades for both 4 and 5 strings +\- cash. Let me know what you have!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  2. Kevin Guin

Kevin Guin

Apr 5, 2008
    Chicago, USA
    This instrument exudes class in every respect. Love the satin finish.

Could you please give a quick description of the Brubaker bolt-thru concept? Sorry for being lazy!

By the way, is that stack knob as towering high as it looks?

Jason Donfris likes this.
  3. I believe it may be more of the angle that I took the photos... lol

I honestly never thought twice about it before you mentioned that. The nice thing is that that stacked pot is your bass and treble controls. Makes it very easy to make adjustments on the fly.

4. The neck joint on Brubaker instrument is not a neck-through, a set neck, a bolt on, or a glue-in neck. It's kind of a combination of everything. Kevin Brubaker calls it, the neck-through bolt-on or bolt-through, because it goes deep into the body. The proprietary design provides the Brubaker basses with a unique quality about the instrument from a construction standpoint. It sets the Brubaker basses apart from other builders.

With this unique feature you get the sustain and resonance of a neck through and the growl and punch of a bolt on. In addition this unique neck construction also provides the instrument with its own unique voice and character. Really it is quite genius! It makes playing the instrument just an absolute pleasure!

5. I also love the satin finish and basically the entire look of this bass! It’s simple and keeps the traditional jazz look and feel, yet still manages to be unique and classy! Very appealing look to the eye IMO!

6. frank cucinotta

frank cucinotta Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2019
    ca
    What did you get in trade?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022