1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale PRICE DROP: 3/4 Size anon. bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by jameshpeterson, Dec 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jameshpeterson

jameshpeterson Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Baltimore
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is, hands down, the best bass in this price range you'll ever play. Thats what Tom Wolfe told me right before I played it, and then I immediately bought it. The maker of the bass is unknown, and it is estimated to be an early 20th century bass. It has the low end an guttural punch of a german bass, but the quick response and vocal quality of an italian.

This particular bass has had work done by master luthiers Tom Wolfe, John Lemon and Michael Shank. A lot of time and effort has been put into this bass to ensure that it has the best set up possible. This bass has been used to win top professional auditions (for privacy reasons I won't say exactly which auditions) and has been used to get accepted into top conservatoires across the country (Peabody, NEC, CIM, etc.). I have used it to perform solos at the Kennedy Center as well as summers at Tanglewood. It is extremely easy to play, has an even sound from top to bottom, and has a wide color palette from which to create music. It has both a beefy low end for orchestra as well as an operatic solo register. This bass will not let you down! IMG_1477.JPG

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  2. d.Fly

d.Fly Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2002
    PACIFIC PALISADES, CA
    What are the measurements please? Mensure? D neck? How does it sound for jazz?

3. jameshpeterson

Mar 9, 2014
    Baltimore
    Hi,
    It is a 41 inch string length - i can measure the bouts and body if you want too. It is a D neck and has a massive sound for jazz. I used this bass for years playing jazz gigs in baltimore and DC. Theres a lot of tone with each pitch and a lot sustain. what I really liked about it for jazz is that the set up is so good that you dont have to jack the action up at all to get a big sound - really easy playability.

4. mxr255

mxr255

Jul 21, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Still for sale?

5. jameshpeterson

Mar 9, 2014
    Baltimore
  6. arseniotall

arseniotall

Dec 24, 2005