SOLD PRICE DROP - $725 Shipped - Hammersmith C4 w/ Nordstrands - MM/P - Fiesta Red ~8lbs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dub56, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Price:
    Strings:
    20180725_201041.jpg
    20180727_201212.jpg
    20180723_203849.jpg
    20180727_201226.jpg
    20180727_201440.jpg

UPDATE - SOUND CLIPS ADDED
    Had a request for some clips of the different sounds you can get from this pickup combo since it's not a super common configuration

Don't judge the playing ;), wasn't my best, just threw something together quick to give an idea of the basic tones.

Up for sale is a killer bass, this is a Hammersmith C4 in Fiesta Red. I picked this bass up recently, was completely planning on keeping it, nothing but good things to say about it. However, I ended up unexpectedly buying a rare bass I've been after for quite a while, so I have to offload a couple of basses now.

This is a super versatile, great sounding, great playing, very lightweight bass. 8lbs 0.7oz according to my scale, see pics. Slim, very smooth satin J profile neck. The Nordstrands sound excellent in this thing. Lots of great sounds with the coil switching options for the MM pickup and the ability to roll the P in and out or solo the P.

Bass is in great shape, basically mint as far as I can tell. Maybe the slightest bit of barely noticeable scratching/swirling on the back, but that's about all I could find.

Hammersmith C4 bass guitar - custom build
    - Alder body with Poly finish *Fiesta Red*
    - Rosewood neck w/ dot markers, 34" scale, J nut width, satin finish
    - Chrome Hipshot lic Ultralight tuners
    - Chrome Hammersmith Smartass4 bridge
    - Nordstrand BigMan4 bridge pickup + Nordstrand NP4a neck pickup
    - Passive Vol-Vol-Tone control / coil switching for BigMan (Series/Parallel/Single)
    - Tort pickguard with chrome knobs (also includes white pickguard)

Asking PRICE DROP - $725 SHIPPED (CONUS, West coast add +$25)
    Bass will ship in a gig bag
    NO TRADES

Will also throw in the brown Levy's padded leather strap shown below (the one on the bottom)
    20180903_141656.jpg

Thanks for looking! Please PM if you have any questions and I'll do my best to help

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  2. ScarfFace

ScarfFace Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    Sounds like my Hammersmith is coming in the next week or so, otherwise I'd buy this one. Looks awesome!

Dub56 likes this.
  3. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    They'd make a great duo.. ;)

Joking aside, congrats on the soon-to-be new bass! I hope you enjoy it, this Hammersmith is definitely a nice bass, I'm sure yours will be also. :bassist:

ScarfFace likes this.
  4. GrooveWarrior

GrooveWarrior Supporting Member

Any soundclips with that unique pickup combo?

5. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Sorry, I don't have any at the moment. I might be able to get some within the next few days though, I have some basic recording stuff on the way that I haven't set up yet actually.

6. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Here you go, recorded a few quick clips running through all the main pickup combos.

Don't judge the playing ;), wasn't my best, just threw something together quick to give an idea of the basic tones.

7. ScarfFace

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    Nice clips! I liked the different times AND the riffs too!

Dub56 likes this.
  8. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Thanks! Glad you liked them. Haha, on the timing though... That was honestly a product of me recording each clip separately and not having a specific time in mind when I did it. I had heard the basis for that riff in a live Hendrix recording earlier, and I had no idea what to play on these clips, so I just noodled around on that basic idea. Didn't use a metronome or anything (probably should have, lol) so my timing probably wasn't the greatest between all the clips :roflmao:

9. ScarfFace

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    OMG, I meant "the different tones" not "times." This stupid tablet changes everything I type...

dralionux and Dub56 like this.
  10. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    That is honestly really funny :roflmao:

I was over here thinking "hmm, if anything I thought I butchered the timing on those clips, but I guess he liked it" haha

Well, I'm glad you liked the tones :D:bassist:

It's a really nice sounding bass. I did basically nothing to the signal there, just a bit of compression, so you can really expand out from there when you factor in an amp/EQ/pedals etc.

11. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Very beautiful and unique.

Dub56 likes this.
  12. purpleflyhunter

purpleflyhunter

Feb 11, 2005
    Any idea how these basses are made? Meaning: are woods outsourced or are they made in house.

13. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    You know, I'm honestly not completely sure. Based on the below on the back of the headstock, I assume at least some of the woods are outsourced rather than made completely in house.

Snapchat_2025528557_1.jpg

The below is what I was able to find on their Facebook "About" page.
    upload_2018-8-3_13-9-26.png

I also believe the owner of Hammersmith is a member here on TB, and has seemed very helpful based on past interactions I've seen. He may be able to provide more specific info if you reach out to him. I also noticed the below on their Facebook page, referring to this very bass. Pretty cool.

upload_2018-8-3_13-11-35.png

Hope that helps!

garytone and dralionux like this.
  14. purpleflyhunter

purpleflyhunter

Feb 11, 2005
    Appreciate the response.

I saw the FB post, as well and thought it very nice of them. Kind of neat, actually.

Any idea the owner’s TB name?

15. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Agreed, I thought it was very nice of them as well.

I believe the owner is @MarkoYYZ, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong :D

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    purpleflyhunter likes this.
  16. purpleflyhunter

purpleflyhunter

Feb 11, 2005
    With the YYZ at the end of his moniker, I would have never guessed the Canadian origin. :D

Moosehead1966 and Dub56 like this.
  17. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Price drop to $800 Shipped CONUS (West coast add $25)

18. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I own a 5 string Hammersmith with a Nordy P at the neck (different bridge pickup). The satin necks on these things play themselves. I like everything about mine. But the neck was a pleasant surprise. I have owned dozens of basses and the neck on my Hammersmith fit me like an old worn in baseball glove immediately (that's a good thing). The Nordy P pickup is fantastic. Still sounds like a P bass with the tiniest bit more beef to the tone.

Fit and finish is exceptional. For less than a grand???? Jump on it. If I played 4 strings at all I would have jumped on this one the day it was listed.

ScarfFace and Dub56 like this.
  19. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Thanks for weighing in about your bass, I can agree with all of the above about the neck and Nordstrands. Love the satin neck on this and the Nordstrands sound great. The P pickup is addictive for sure.

I bought a rare bass that I've been after for a long time, and I have too many basses as it is right now, so a couple of things have to move. Otherwise, this one would be sticking around. Every time I pick it up I want to keep it. I have several light basses, but this is my lightest non-chambered bass. The ~8lbs is great and the balance is awesome. This one needs to move to a new good home!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  20. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Need to move a couple of basses.. PRICE DROP

$775 Shipped CONUS (West coast add +$25)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 19, 2021