1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Price Drop! $800 2016 American Standard Precision 3TS Tort Maple OHSC & Extras

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Thud Staff, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Thud Staff

Thud Staff Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Houston TX
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_0957.JPG IMG_0958.JPG IMG_0966.JPG IMG_0959.JPG IMG_0960.JPG IMG_0961.JPG IMG_0965.JPG IMG_0962.JPG IMG_0963.JPG

Price Drop! For Sale: $800

Sorry, no trades. I NEED the cash. This bass comes from a smoke free, pet free, anxiety free environment.

Free Shipping to lower 48 States. HI and AK I need to add $25. No international shipping. (Sorry my Canadian friends!)

- 2 piece Alder body, offset seam just above the E string side of the bridge; interesting side note, a lot of older Fenders with this constructin detail were superb sounding instruments and highly sought after.

- 3TS finish

- Maple on Maple board

- Tort pick-guard

- 8 lbs 6 oz (again, sorry. I don't have the Sweetwater picture with the weight. I honestly thought I would keep this one).

- Strung with a new set of EB Cobalt Flats 45-105

- removed the plastic on the pickguard when I received it;

- installed stealth string retainer/post washer on A string tuner; original included (see pic)

- replaced strap buttons with Gotoh nickel buttons; originals included (see pic)

This was a case queen. Otherwise, I played this approximately 10 times and NEVER gigged it. It was kept in its case at all times when not played. The case is perfect, only removed from the box and stored carefully.

No playing marks, fret wear (has Ernie Ball Cobalt 45-105 flats on it now), scratches, dings, dents, mystery goo, anything on the bass or the case. All case candy is present and accounted for.

This bass is pretty near immaculate to mint condition. I bought it because it was the lightest one available at the time: 8lbs 6oz. I don't have the picture of the weight. However, I have a pretty good reputation on another 'well known' auction site for being honest. In this day and age, it doesn't pay to try and hide truth or burn a person. I know there can be bad repercussions if it try pull one over any of you fine TB'ers. I honestly thought I would keep this bass, and failed to capture the weight picture from Sweetwater. I have the other pics from the salesman, which I thought would include the weight. Short-sighted...I know...

I will also include a new Korg Pitchblack Mini Tuner (with extra batteries) and 3 sets of strings: 2X DR Roundwounds and 1X Rotosound Jazz Flats. Original Fender NPS strings have 'come up missing'.

It was purchased from Sweetwater on December 2,2016. I returned way too much gear last year and I don't want to burn that bridge as far future purchases are concerned.

Paypal only, PM me if interested.

Thanks for looking. This bass is listed on a few different websites for maximum visibility.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    d00dr, JJR58 and fourtet102 like this.
  2. Kmose

Kmose

Feb 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Lakland, Aguilar
    sent you a pm.

3. Thud Staff

Jan 2, 2017
    Houston TX
    Pm replied

4. Fantastic bass and an even better deal. This should go fast. If I didn't already own two I'd buy this for sure.

5. Thud Staff

Jan 2, 2017
    Houston TX
    Thanks! Excellent bass. Just acquired a long time dream bass: an '84 Steinberger L2 and tax time is upon us...just need to offset that purchase.

6. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    Gorgeous! I definitely do not need this bass... But man do I want it!

7. Thud Staff

Jan 2, 2017
    Houston TX
    You are mistaken my friend.. it is the bass you need....it is too beautiful to resist...buy it, buy it...!

d00dr likes this.
  8. dusterdan

dusterdan

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    $ sent sir, really looking forward to this bass! :)

9. Thud Staff

Jan 2, 2017
    Houston TX
    SOLD!! Thanks so much!

d00dr likes this.
  10. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    Thank goodness! This was an absolute steal!

dusterdan likes this.