1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Price Drop! $850 Ampeg SVT II (non-pro) rock monster

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Clearwave, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Clearwave

Clearwave

Sep 29, 2011
    The Future
    Price:
    $950
    This tube powerhouse was built in an era when cars got 10 miles per gallon and you could smoke cigarettes inside the Waffle House. Back then, China made chopsticks and America made bass amps.

If you love the USA, play rock and roll, and have man arms, this amp is for you!

It's sounds like is should, the tubes are fine. Everything works perfectly. The only issue is on the effect send on the rear panel, you have to patch a cable from the send to the return jack for the amp to work (see pictures). Not sure why, I'm pretty sure this is where the "special powers" come from. Just leave the patch cable back there and you'll be fine. If you want the red rack in the photo that will be and extra $50.

$850 Shipped CONUS. (I'm guessing I'll have to pay $100 to ship this beast, discount for local pickup)
    70lbs

Your neighbors will hate you, your band mates will scatter when it's time to move it, and the girls will flock to you. GUARANTEED!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    stingray56funk likes this.
  2. stingray56funk

stingray56funk

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Love it! Great description of this American workhorse!

3. smeet

smeet Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I'm a bit afraid to ask, but... How much does it weigh in the red rack case?

Interested in any trades?

4. Clearwave

Clearwave

Sep 29, 2011
    The Future
    the rack doesn't weigh much, maybe 75lbs total.
    Sorry, no trades.

5. Clearwave

Clearwave

Sep 29, 2011
    The Future
    Price drop! $850!

6. wolfkeller

wolfkeller Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2013
    detroit
    Free bump, beyond awsome head! Mine was so sweet. When I sold it, I got a big uhaul box and a half sheet of foam at home depot and I cut pieces to fit in the box with 4" on all sides shipped fed ex for about $85.

7. someparts

someparts

Nov 22, 2010
    Ohio
    This description brings a tear to my eye...

herrdruhl likes this.
  8. Dibs on the amp, let's talk!

9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Man, I remember smoking in the Waffle House. I don't smoke any more and can't remember the last time I ate at Waffle House. But those were good times. Thanks for the trip down memory lane and GLWTS.

oaklandthumb likes this.
  10. Can't buy it after all, sent you a message... GLWS!

11. Blew Kshetra

Blew Kshetra

Feb 4, 2015
    Hey lets talk!!!

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021