SOLD Price drop again: 2017 Fender Custom Shop Post Modern P/J

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassgrackle, Feb 17, 2018.

1. bassgrackle

bassgrackle Gold Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fender Custom Shop Lush Closet / Light Relic Classic Precision Bass 2017 Aged Black

This is a CUSTOM SHOP P/J bass that typically sells for around $4000!!

8lbs 15 oz

The best of both worlds, the Lush Closet Classic Postmodern Bass, Maple Neck combines the classic looks and feel of a Precision Bass with the slick, fast playability of a Jazz Bass neck. The Lush Closet Classic finish grants it the look and smooth feel of a bass that’s been cherished and maintained for decades, but was unable to completely avoid the ravages of play time.

There’s no mistaking fat, punchy sound of a split-coil P Bass pickup, and the hand-wound ’62 P Bass pickup on this model is no exception. Designed for fleet-fingered playing, the 9.5”-16” compound-radius fingerboard flattens at the upper registers of the neck, providing the perfect platform for solos.

Other features include a two-piece alder body selected for its light weight, a stable quartersawn maple neck with ’60 J Bass “U”-shaped profile, quartersawn round-lam maple fingerboard, 20 6105 frets, deluxe die-cast tuning machines and bone nut. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.

There a a few minor scrapes, scuff and dings on this bass, so please review the pics closely. However, it comes in the factory box with hangtags, all included accessories, and the hardshell case with sealed case candy!

Shipping $120.

Trades: MTD 535 or Saratoga. Musicman Stingray vintage or classic.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    HeavyJazz, molteni, scraig and 3 others like this.
  2. WOW

I was looking for this used!!!! Fantastic playing bass!!

3. bassgrackle

Aug 17, 2010
    Here’s you chance. The bass is lightly used. Guy before me added some real life relic wear himself. I’ve owned it for a few weeks. And never giged it.

4. Bagelish

Bagelish Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2016
    What's the weight?

5. bassgrackle

Aug 17, 2010
    8lbs 15oz.

Zootsuitbass likes this.
  6. bearsdad1

bearsdad1 Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Is this a PJ? Must just be the light in photos but I can't see a J pickup in any of them.

7. bassgrackle

Aug 17, 2010
    It’s a p body and a j neck. There is no p pickup.

8. Sorry saw the weight in prior post. That's pretty comfortable for a P bass.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021