SOLD PRICE DROP AGAIN: $375 Carvin B4 Fretless 8.4lbs Black Beauty Lined

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GroovyBaby, Feb 10, 2018.

1. GroovyBaby

GroovyBaby G&L Fanboy Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Huntingdon, PA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    This is a Carvin B4 passive fretless. It plays great and weighs only 8.4lbs. The controls are volume, volume, tone, with a coil switch for the rear MusicMan style pickup. That rear pickup sounds great, punchy and full when full on! Tight and burpy in single-coil mode. The front has a more traditional sound, clear and mellow. Blended front and back it is both warm and fat with nice definition. Excellent sounding and playing fretless. Based on the fretboard wear it looks like someone had roundwounds on it at some point. That said, you can't feel grooves, only see them when you move the strings out of the way. The top also has a fair amount of swirling in all the places you would expect on a well played bass (between the neck and front pickup and around the knobs especially). I tried to get photos of the swirls but it was hard to do with the reflective black top. No issues and comes with a nice solid gig bag. $375(was $575) plus $50 shipping. I'm in central PA and can meet half way between here and Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, D.C., etc. I'm selling it because I'm just not playing fretless. The white specs you see in a couple of the photos are just lint from the rag I cleaned it with.

I'm mainly interested in a cash sale via PayPal. I don't need another bass. However, I might consider trades or partial trades for:
    -a lightweight head, cab, or combo.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  2. GroovyBaby

Oct 19, 2007
    Huntingdon, PA
    Someone buy me! I'm a beautiful player and I sound great! I need a home and some love!

3. Hurricane Jimmie

Hurricane Jimmie Supporting Member

It's hard to go wrong with any Carvin. Good Luck to you!

GroovyBaby likes this.
  4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Screaming deal.

GroovyBaby likes this.
  5. GroovyBaby

Oct 19, 2007
    Huntingdon, PA
    You know you want me.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021