SOLD *Price Drop Alien Audio Constellation 4 2019 Natural Ash Satin

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Santinotafarell, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Santinotafarell

Santinotafarell Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    20200916_172658.jpg

Hey everybody,
    Beautiful active bass by the legendary Chopper Anderson. It's in excellent near mint condition. Recently set up by my local guitar tech, who toured as George Bensons guitar tech for a number of years. This thing can get any and every tone, the neck is thin and fast and it's double P for double the fun :) Covid has hit, i have too many basses that i switch between and i just decided that i need to cut down to 2 or 3 basses total. This one should be at number one, but i decided if i'm going to have an alien and one or two other basses, i want the 5 string version. I bought it used but in mint condition at the beginning of the year through a guitar shop online in Nashvile called "corner music store" which they listed in the description as it being " Totally babied... about as close to mint/brand new as they come". Since then i've played it in a handful of gigs, messed around with recording, and that's it! To be transparent about something i noticed - it came set up horribly, string buzz all over, at which point i kind of doubted the frets were even plek leveled... But after getting it set up locally it now feels great, (since i would want to know any observations from a seller for a bass at this price :p ). Other than that this bass absolutely incredible. Literally can get any tone out of it (Check out the features below, it actually has a push pull hifi/modern or vintage setting and a overdrive/normal setting) and the back pickup sounds like a "grown up" jazz bridge pickup is how i like to describe it. Records like a dream. The 3 band EQ is my favorite i have ever tried, you can tell it was made by a BASS PLAYER! These things go new for 2850$... Pretty good deal for a like new one!
    Local pickup within 50 miles of Santa Barbara California for 100$ off too..
    Otherwise, buyer splits shipping USA... International buyers considered if can take care of shipping on all ends. Comes with a nice basically new Access Stage One padded case!

I would consider these trade offers
    Yamaha bb2025
    Alien audio constellation 5 string plus a little cash my end
    Yamaha BBne2
    Bluesman Vintage Deville T2 plus cash my end
    Some type of Tele-style 50's p bass
    Here's the features of the bass copy pasted from the listing where i bought it

Features

• Body Swamp Ash, natural satin finish
    • Neck Roasted Flame Maple (graphite reinforced, double-action truss rod)
    • Fingerboard Rosewood, 21 Plek-leveled frets
    • Pickups 2 x Nordstrand Big Split split-coils
    • Preamp BP2-FX preamp (designed by Mo West)
    • Controls:
      • Volume (down=standard / up=overdrive)
      • Tone (down=vintage / up=hifi/modern)
      • Pickup Blend
      • 3-band EQ
    • Knobs Pearloid-inlaid knurled domes
    • Bridge Hipshot
    • Scale 34”
    • Tuners Hipshot Ultralight tuners
    • Pickguard Tortoise shell
    • Hardware Chrome 20200916_172658.jpg 20200916_172625.jpg 20200916_172630.jpg 20200916_172708.jpg 20200916_172715.jpg 20200916_172611.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    TLicksBass and Alehouse like this.
  2. lala

lala Gold Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Any chance of sounds samples for the curious? There are really so few good YOUTUBE videos on the Constellation 4

Santinotafarell likes this.
  3. Santinotafarell

Jan 24, 2013
    Hey Lala, just saw your comment, let me see what i can do in the next couple days will post here

4. lala

Jul 16, 2014
    Good deal. It will help us all. Maybe post on YOUTUBE?
    I actually pulled pulled the trigger on another bass yesterday here on TB, but I still hop you will do the sound samples or a video. Chopper needs more videos that aren't him talking, and goofing around with tones. Alien needs real videos with players who can quickly go through the tonal variations of this double P bass with the unique pre.

db59 and Santinotafarell like this.
  5. MaccaMan1964

MaccaMan1964 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    I am curious myself....love to hear this pickup combo...beautiful bass...

6. Bilvis

Bilvis

Jun 25, 2017
    Ft. Myers ,Fla.
    Great basses. Just recently bought a 4 string surf green. Sold it a couple weeks ago to finance a fiver. Just ordered that last night. I can’t wait. Chopper was super helpful and patient with my choices and changes. Good luck ,sweet bass!

JReno and Santinotafarell like this.
  7. Santinotafarell

Jan 24, 2013
    Uploading to youtube at the moment, going through the extremes of the eq and pickup/tone to give an idea of the range of the eq and tone options. I totally forgot to use the modern/vintage pull push knob... it's really a subtle difference to the top end and makes it sound hi-fi or not. The whole video was in "vintage position". I'm not going to re-record but i hope this is helpful. No playalong with music but it should give you a good idea. Should be uploaded in a few hours.

8. lala

Jul 16, 2014
    Very cool.

9. BassToGoGo

BassToGoGo

Jul 14, 2018
    These are incredible basses.

10. Santinotafarell

Jan 24, 2013

JReno, bassb66, jaysbass2002 and 4 others like this.
  11. Santinotafarell

Jan 24, 2013
    video up

12. lala

Jul 16, 2014
    This is a great video demonstrating how nice these basses are. It sounds great to me. On YOUTUBE this will be the best video for the Constellation. The style of the video is great as well. Nice job explaining the bass. More gear reviews should be like this.

ksukev and Santinotafarell like this.
  13. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    Absolutely. Well worded and accurate comments.
    Beautiful form too, congrats Santinotafarell. GLWTS

14. Santinotafarell

Jan 24, 2013
    Thanks!

15. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I love this bass. I wish I had a trade from the list....

16. SgtHulka

SgtHulka Inactive

Mar 29, 2019
    Banland
    What is the nut width? Doesn't say on the site either...

17. Santinotafarell

Jan 24, 2013
    Trade pending

18. Santinotafarell

Jan 24, 2013
    Sorry beef pie, i just saw your comment- i don't know what the nut width is i'm sorry!

BeefPie84 likes this.