1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Price drop! Ampeg PF-50T Portaflex Amplifier - Pics Inside

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by kranahan, Nov 7, 2016.

1. kranahan

kranahan Supporting Member

Price:
    IMG_8063.JPG Up for sale is my Ampeg PF-50T portaflex amplifier. It is in excellent condition. It includes the power cord, speaker cable, mounting screws, manual and box. $600 local sale. $625 shipped west of the Mississippi. $635 shipped east of the Mississippi.

I purchased this back in January. It sounds killer! I'm just going with a bigger set up.

PM me for more information.

Thanks for looking!

Additional pictures:
    DSC00697.JPG DSC00696.JPG DSC00695.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    JJR58 and Burwabit like this.
  2. kranahan

Price drop!

3. shababy32

shababy32

May 2, 2015
    Will u ship it out of state? Mississippi to be exact. could u also give me a ballpark figure how much that would cost and give me your total? I want that amp! BTW, what are u asking for the whole setup?

4. kranahan

PMed

5. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    I am very interested in this amp, and I'm thinking of pairing it with an Ampeg Portaflex 115 cab.

When you say you are "going for a bigger setup", it raises a couple of questions:

1.) Is this 50-watt head sufficient to power a 400-watt rated cabinet?

2.) Will it be enough for small to medium sized gigs (clubs and bars with up to 120 - 150 patrons in the audience)?

Thanks,
    Doug

6. kranahan

The PF-50t gets pretty loud with the PF-115HE cab. It just depends how much clean headroom you need because the amp gets dirty at a certain point.

7. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Thanks; my main concern is having enough guts to keep up with a 9-piece band with horns and two guitarists.

8. shababy32

shababy32

May 2, 2015
    Wow! U still got this baby for sale? I thought it would've been long gone. I'm gonna clean house Monday and sell everything I got with the exception of either my portaflex 2×10 cab or my 115 Acoustic cab that I installed and Eminence legend. what would u do?

9. kranahan

It's been frustrating. I get a trade offer every other day and a CL bail every third day.

Anyways, I'd say keep the 210 because you can mount the 50t on it. Easy for transporting.

10. n3s7

n3s7

Jun 23, 2016
    pm sent

11. kranahan

Sold!