1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD PRICE DROP - Avalon U5 DI & Preamp w/ Rack Ears!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by cosmicevan, Nov 10, 2018.

1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Price:
    $400
    You know the box...get that classic tone warmth from the Avalon selectable 6 EQ curves and boost. Ideal in a live rig or studio setup and doubles as a headphone amp. Unreal for bass but sounds great with guitar, vocals, anything really.

Unit has spent its life in a rack and was lightly used for home studio recording and occassionally in my live rig. Although I find it to sound superior to my demeter preamp, these days I am using my VTBP201s exclusively since it has the FX loop and I can have everything racked and plugged in and tied to a single switch for fastest setup so the Avalon isn't getting the action it deserves.

The U5 works flawlessly and is in great cosmetic shape. The rack ears show normal wear around the screw holes.

All yours for $450 NOW ONLY $400 includes Rack Ears!!! (local)...add $15 to ship.

20181110_163609.

20181110_163603.

20181110_172518.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    EMoneySC2 and Element Zero like this.
  2. moogieotter

moogieotter Custom Title

Jun 16, 2009
    Duluth, GA
    World 1.2 the classic!

cosmicevan likes this.
  3. PaulReside

PaulReside

Mar 14, 2016
    Scottsdale Az
    Every time I use mine live... SONIC BLISS . GLWTS

cosmicevan likes this.
  4. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Been debating hanging onto it and selling my Demeter VTBP-201s instead. It is such a great box.

5. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Willing to split up the U5 from the rack ears if you need either but not both...also willing to entertain offers

6. PaulReside

PaulReside

Mar 14, 2016
    Scottsdale Az
    If your bass has piezo pickup this is a must have piece of gear. My 6 string bass has piezo bridge saddles and I never liked how they sounded till I got this box and set it to tone profile 4... magic ensued. PS no, I don't know the seller just love my U5 :thumbsup:

cosmicevan likes this.
  7. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Price drop to $400 :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

8. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    This is on hold

9. lima

lima Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Is the U5 sold or just on hold ?
    I'm interested in purchasing. Thanks !

10. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    It has sold. Boxed up and will be shipping shortly next week.

I highly recommend seeking one out. You may not catch this good of a deal, but for my original ask of $450 you can get one shipped to your door (without the rack ears).